Monday, April 27, 2009

Kristina's Color Inspiration #50

Hi!
Kristina Werner is currently having her 50th Color Inspiration challenge on her blog. And seeing as how this one has a fabulous color combo, and I had a little time to craft today, I thought I would participate =) The colorcombo this time, is this:

Isn't is just so refreshing and fabulous? I made this card for the challenge:

And here's a close-up of the focal-point of the card (and a better representation of the colors irl):


I used brown cardstock (all my cardstock on this card is Bazzill) for the base of my card, and I stamped a polkadot-pattern in turquoise ink on turquoise cardstock, and attached a piece of that to the front of the card. I punched the bottom front of the card with a scalloped edge-punch, and the red cardstock with a flower-punch. I attached a yellow paperflower with a rhinestone-brad to the center of the red flower, after curling the petals of the red flower slightly up to give it some dimension. I adhered some white sateng-ribbon to the top of the turquoise piece of paper, and then I adhered the flower on top of that again with a gludot (or maybe it was two gluedots, I can't remember at the moment...) I love this colorcombo, so thanks to Kristina for posting this and inspiring me to make a card today =)

Hope to see you back again soon!
- Legojenta =)

2 comments:

Dana said... [Reply]

Love the clean design of your card! Good job on the challenge :)

Amy said... [Reply]

So simple, but so fantastic! Great job.