Monday, January 25, 2010

Altered notebook

Hi again
Today I wanted to show you a notebook that I recently altered.
I used some scrap patterned paper, a paper-pieced owl and a frame made with dies from the Nestabilities Labels One set. The first thing I did was to remove the front and back cover of the notebook. I used black stazon to ink the edges of the covers where the spiral goes through. I then covered the front with the pink polkadot paper, and wrapped the edges around to the inside of the cover. I mitered the corners on the inside, and adhered a piece of white cardstock on top of that to finish it of. I did the same thing to the back cover, only using a piece of black cardstock instead of patterned paper.
The owl is a paper piecing I have designed myself in Photoshop Elements, and then cut out using my Silhouette. The black frame around the owl I cut using two sizes of dies from the Nestabilities Labels One set by Spellbinders.
To protect the books covers, I used some plastic-paper, the kind one would use to wrap books for instance ( I don't know what it's called in english), that has adhesive on the back. I cut and placed it on the covers in the same way as i did with the patterned paper and black cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by =)

- Legojenta

0 comments: