Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wedding card

Over at the Charisma Cardz Challenges blog, I saw a post a few days ago, which is telling about a challenge the blog has going on. Carly-ann (DT and owner) is getting married early in august, and the challenge is to make her a wedding card/gift and send it to her. I thought that was such a great initiative from the blog, and I felt immediately inspired to make a card. And there's a great prize for one of the competitors that send their card to her as well! A pink Cuttlebug with folders and a £100 gift voucher to The Glitterpot too =) Here's the card I made:

And a little bit more up close:


I started the card by cutting 4 rectangular pieces of paper to make the layers of the cake. I punched the top two corners of each layer with a small corner-rounder punch. I then embossed the layers using one fiskars textureplate (swirly pattern) and one QuicKutz embossing folder (striped pattern). I then attached the layers together on the back using regular one-sided tape. Then I cut some strips of white paper, punched them with a apron lace border punch (Fiskars), and colored the strips using a light grey Promarker. The punched strips were glued onto the seams between the layers of the cake. The plate that the cake sits on were made with a strip of scallop-punched paper and a handcut piece of paper, both colored grey with the Promarker, and glued together. For the top of the cake I added two punched hearts, colored with the Promarker. The cardbase was made with white bazzill cardstock. The patterned paper was punched with a cornerpunch and then adhered onto the cardbase. The cake was adhered to the card with dimensional adhesive.

That's it for the details on the card. Thanks for stopping by!
- Legojenta

1 comments:

Jeanette said... [Reply]

Dette var et utrolig flott kort, som i utgangspunktet var så enkelt, men ble så lekkert! :) Glad du har mottat candyen, håper den faller i smak. :)