Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hero Arts Blog Hop!

Hi everyone!
Today is the day for the Hero Arts bloghop! Hero arts has an active flickr group, and on there came the idea to do a Hero Arts blog hop, where everyone could join in! I felt inspired to show how to get a varied use out of the Hero Arts Four dolls (CL297) clear stamp set. I made a halloween giftbag, two cards and a gift-tag using the set. I showed the halloween giftbag on Hero Art's Flickr group on thursday, but I'm going to show it here today too:
I used an envelope to make the giftbag. I stamped a piece of purple cardstock with Hero Art's Cling Dots stamp (CG139), and attached it to the white giftbag. I stamped a doll from the Four dolls stamp set onto white cardstock, and colored her in using Promarkers. I then drew out a witch's hat for her, and a halloween-bag as well. I colored those in as well using Promarkers. I then cut the doll, her hat and her halloween-bag out with scissors, and pieced them together. I used a piece of black embroidery-thread for the handle on the halloween.bag. I attached the doll in her outfit to a piece of green cardstock, using foam adhesive. I rounded the corners of the green piece, and added that on top of some scrap ribbon I had lying around, to the purple piece.

I have a friend who's studying Japanese, and I had asked her to help me translate some greetings. Here I've written out the greeting "Thanks" or "Thank you" in Japanese. Under the Japanese greeting, I added the Norwegian translation in parantheses. I stamped one of the dolls from the set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and colored it in using Promarkers. In the dolls hair, I added a pin that I had cut down to be way shorter than it originally was. I added the image-piece onto a kraft card, that I had stamped with the Hero Arts "Dots and Flowers" (S5213) background stamp using Versamark. I had also added a piece of satin ribbon across the middle of the card before putting the image-piece on.
Here's my second card:
For this card, I stamped and paper-pieced the dolls outfit using christmas-themed patterned papers. I stamped the full doll onto white cardstock, cut her out and colored in her face, and then assembled her outfit onto this base. I drew a hat for the doll on the same patterned paper, cut it out and put it on her head. I also made a little white ball for the top of her hat, which I added some white flock onto. I drew out the background, and colored it with Promarkers (with the trees and the snow on the ground). The sky was sponged with the Soft Pool Hero Arts Shadow Ink (AF146). I also stamped the greeting (Merry Christmas in Norwegian, from KH design) onto some kraft cardstock, inked the edges, and cut it out to look like a sign. The image-piece was mounted onto a cardbase I had covered with another patterned paper, using foam adhesive.

Here's the gift-tag I made:

I stamped the doll on white paper and colored her in using Promarkers. I then stamped the party-hat (which is from a Maya Road stamp set called Cupcakes) onto another piece of white paper, colored it in with Promarkers, and cut it out. I then mounted the hat onto the dolls head, using my pink ATG. I punched a small circle in the top left corner, to make the piece a tag for a birthday present.

So there it is, four ways/occasions to use the Hero Arts Four Dolls clear stamp set for! I hope you feel inspired to look through your stamp sets, and see how you can customize the stamps to fit for different occasions =)
Thanks for stopping by today, and enjoy the rest of the hop =)
- Legojenta

23 comments:

Vanessa said... [Reply]

These are so cute!! Love how you dressed up your dolls!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said... [Reply]

Adorable!!!! I love your creativity on all of these!!!! Such a great example of how to use the doll set in so many ways!

Michelle said... [Reply]

Loved seeing the different looks you gave the little japanese girls!! so cute:-) definitely something different and creative, thanks for sharing:-)

Stephanie said... [Reply]

These cards are so great!!
I love the Halloween gift bag...such a great idea!! :-)

Karina Beck said... [Reply]

Lovely cards!

Nancy said... [Reply]

It is amazing how many different looks you can get from one stamp. They are all so adorable!

Anne said... [Reply]

What fun and adorable projects you made- love all the different ways you used your dolls!

Lin said... [Reply]

What a fun idea! I loved looking through your cute designs here.

Agnieszka said... [Reply]

Adorable cards! Love the Halloween doll, such a creative idea!

Clare said... [Reply]

Oh my gosh, what adorable sweet cards! I love how you made that witch hat! :)

Libby Hickson said... [Reply]

These are adorable!! Love how you changed up the dolls, so cute & clever!

AnitaRex said... [Reply]

Goodness they are sooo cute! I don't know which one I love the most!

jintyoo7 said... [Reply]

Very cute, love all the details, especially the hairpin :o)

Virginia L. said... [Reply]

How CREATIVE and FUN!! I enjoy looking at all the dolls dressed up for all kinds of occasions!

pia overgaard said... [Reply]

Awesome projects! Your litte halloween handbag on the giftbag is so cute. What a great idea to use her like that!!

Jenny said... [Reply]

Such cute cards, Love them!!! :) :) :) :) thanks for joining the hop!!!

scrappin.bari said... [Reply]

What darling little dolls you've created!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said... [Reply]

Wow, they're all so cute! I love how you show different ways to use this stamp for so many different occasion.

Froggietalks said... [Reply]

Those doll stamps are so cute!! I love what you did with them :D

Trinh said... [Reply]

These are adorable! The hats you created are so creative!

Deirdre said... [Reply]

Love what you created - all are wonderful.

Tiffany said... [Reply]

Aww..these are super sweet! Love the HA dolls!

Lauren said... [Reply]

These are beautiful and so creative. The Halloween one is just perfect!