Thursday, September 16, 2010

Monster Birthday Card

Hi!
Today I'm sharing a fun card I made to enter into the following ongoing challenges:

Here's the card I made:
I used a High Hopes stamp ("Monty") on my card. I colored in the monster using Promarkers, and cut him out. I molded the cut out monster to make him look more 3-dimesional and also to make him look more like he's coming out of the card towards the viewer (this is how I took the Simon Says Challenge of movement on the card =) . I added some black lines to the blue piece of cardstock, and matted it onto some red cardstock. I then added the monster to the blue piece using foam adhesive, which I only put on the backside of his main body and his one foot. His arms and his other foot I had bent further out, so I didn't want to add any adhesive there. I stamped the sentiment, which is from a Norwegian stamp set, onto the same color blue cardstock and matted that as well with the red cardstock. I used some green cardstock for the cardbase, and some grey cardstock for the layer. I stamped the Cling Dots stamp from Hero Arts using Versamark onto the grey piece of paper. All of the papers (except for the monster) were distressed with distress ink, using a sponge. The grey layer was distressed with Versamark.
Thanks for stopping by today!

- Legojenta

10 comments:

6 wacky women said... [Reply]

Awesome card, Legojenta
Love how you popped Monty out...looks great!!
Thanks for joining us for the High Hopes Challenge.

Karen x

Sue said... [Reply]

Hi Ya
totally fantastic card, brill image, awesome card for a boy,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time,sue,x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said... [Reply]

That is a fantastic monster!! I love how you colored him too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

Sarah :)

Trudy Osborn said... [Reply]

What a fabulous card! I love how he looks like he is coming right out of the card. Boy cards are so hard for me, but you nailed it with this one

Mephisto said... [Reply]

WOW, what a fab image.
Thanks for joining in the SSC this week.

Domi

Shelly said... [Reply]

Love your monster card, too cute! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage. Shelly ;)

Tracy said... [Reply]

that monster is fabulous i love him, great card.Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage. Tracy x

debby4000 said... [Reply]

Oh this is fab.
luv
Debby

Lacey Stephens said... [Reply]

Fantastic card!! I love your use of the spots and dots challenge!! Thank you so much for playing along with the High Hopes Challenge!! We have another fun one for you this week - Country!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
High Hopes DT

Teri said... [Reply]

Fantastic guy card hun! Love the monster!
Thanks for playing at The creative Cottage this week.
Hugs,
Teri x