Thursday, October 7, 2010

Halloween card today...

Hi again!

Second post today, that's rare coming from me =)
In this post, I'd like to share with you a card I made for two dofferent ongoing challenges:
Papertake Weekly Challenge - it's Papertake Challenge blog's birthday! Choose whichever challenge from the blog's past three years! - I chose the "White and Bright" Challenge - to use at least one bright color together with white =)Simon Says Challenge - Halloween


Here's the card I made for these two challenges:


I used white for my cardbase. I hand-drew and cut out a mask for the pumpkin. I placed the mask on the paper, covered up the top green stalk (is that the correct word for it?), and stamped over it using a Prima calligraphy-clearstamp using bright orange ink. I then covered up the pumpkin, and stamped the same stamp using green ink over the stalk. After stamping, I took away the mask, and drew dashed lines along the edge of the image, under the image to ground it, as well as around the edges. Such a clean&simple card, but I love how it turned out =)
Thanks for stopping by!

- Legojenta

2 comments:

Nancy said... [Reply]

this turned out spectacular....I love how you used orange with white for the challenge you chose...awesome idea....thanks for playing this week at Papertake Weekly....

hugs
Nancy

Jill said... [Reply]

beautiful halloween card thanks for joining us at PTW 3rd birthday hugs Jill xx