Monday, January 25, 2010

Altered notebook

Hi again
Today I wanted to show you a notebook that I recently altered.
I used some scrap patterned paper, a paper-pieced owl and a frame made with dies from the Nestabilities Labels One set. The first thing I did was to remove the front and back cover of the notebook. I used black stazon to ink the edges of the covers where the spiral goes through. I then covered the front with the pink polkadot paper, and wrapped the edges around to the inside of the cover. I mitered the corners on the inside, and adhered a piece of white cardstock on top of that to finish it of. I did the same thing to the back cover, only using a piece of black cardstock instead of patterned paper.
The owl is a paper piecing I have designed myself in Photoshop Elements, and then cut out using my Silhouette. The black frame around the owl I cut using two sizes of dies from the Nestabilities Labels One set by Spellbinders.
To protect the books covers, I used some plastic-paper, the kind one would use to wrap books for instance ( I don't know what it's called in english), that has adhesive on the back. I cut and placed it on the covers in the same way as i did with the patterned paper and black cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by =)

- Legojenta

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Making brackets using label-dies

I had an idea to use my new Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One and Labels Eight to make brackets, so I tried it out. Here's how I did it:

As I mentioned, I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One and Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight to make the brackets. In this example I used the largest dies in both sets.
First, I cut the paper with the die from the Labels One set.















Then, I placed the die from the Labels Eight set a slight bit inside of the outer edge on one of the ends on the diecut. I ran that through my Cuttlebug once, and then I did the same thing on the opposite side of the diecut.












And, voila! There I have two brackets! In this picture you can see why you need to cut the second bracket on the oppsite side of the first, as the rectangular die, from labels eight, cuts off some of the sides on the original diecut shape (see the top and bottom of the original diecut shape in this picture)






So, that's how I used my two sets of label-dies to make brackets. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask me in a comment on this post=)





Thanks for stopping by!
-Legojenta