Saturday, January 22, 2011

Birthday Card using Lawn Fawn

Hi
Today I want to share a card I made to enter into the current Scrappy Saturday Challenge, as well as the current challenge over at Simon Says Challenge. This week we have to choose one line from the bingo board on the Simon Says Challenge blog, and use that on our card. I chose the line Punch/Die Cuts - Embossing - Ribbon
I used a corner-rounder punch, I embossed the lines of my gifts and I added some ribbon. Here's my card:



I used "Bake Me A Cake" stamp set by Lawn Fawn. The gifts are the cake-layers stamps, upside-down. I used some lines from the same set to stamp the bottom of the gifts. I then used a black embossing-pen to make the "string" and bow on the gifts.All of my stamping were embossed in black embossingpowder. I used some scrap American Crafts patterned paper to stamp on. The ribbon is white May Arts grosgrain, which I colored with a black Promarker.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

6 comments:

Chris (catt871) said... [Reply]

This is beautiful! I love the black and white and the simplicity of it! Great job! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!
Chris

Ann said... [Reply]

Great CAS card! Love the paper piecing!

Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

AuniLeigh said... [Reply]

nice card, love the black and as catt871 said the simplicity. have a nice weekend!

Jinny Newlin said... [Reply]

So simple and soooo perfect! Great choice of colors and little bit of dimension! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Christiana said... [Reply]

Marie, this card is so cute! I love how you got creative and turned cakes into presents!

By the way, I used your reverse stamping technique on my latest Lawnscaping card! And I linked to your video on my blog. Thanks so much for sharing it with me!
http://christygetscrafty.blogspot.com/2011/02/lawnscaping-challenge-3.html#comments

Robyn said... [Reply]

Hi Marie! Thanks for visiting me! What a fab idea to make the cake layers into presents-Wow! I must remember that one!I don't have time now but I will be back to look at all your videos- they look great too!