Monday, January 17, 2011

Follow Your Own Path card using Lawn Fawn stamps

Hi

Today is the day! A new challenge is up at Lawnscaping, and this time, we are all coing to case one of Kelly Marie's cards =) So fun! I chose this card, by Kelly Marie:



Here's my card:



After making this card, I also shot a short (about 5 minutes long) video, showing the card's shine and some of the techniques I used on it. I couldn't make the shine I added on to select fishes show up well in the photographs, so I decided a video would do that better =) Here's the video:


Supplies I used on this card:
- Lawn Fawn stamps: "Critters in the Sea" and "Jessie's ABC's"
- White, smooth paper: Bristol Board - Airbrush, by Daler Rowney (my choice for Promarker/Copic coloring)
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Copic Multiliner 0.5
- Back of old rubber stamp, for reverse-image technique (see video for explanation on this =)
- Promarkers for coloring
- Ranger Inkssentials Embossingpen, clear
- Clear Embossingpowder
- Bazzill Basics Cardstock

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

11 comments:

Lynnette said... [Reply]

Fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping

Leigh Ann Baird said... [Reply]

This is adorable! I love it!

Laurel said... [Reply]

What a cute card. I love the sentiment! And the fish going in the opposite direction is very clever... Thanks for playing along in the Lawnscaping challenge!

Ayana Posadas said... [Reply]

Very adorable! :)
Great video too!

Jay Gee said... [Reply]

Great card and video. Love the shine on the fish and the sentiment.

Christiana said... [Reply]

Adorable card! Thanks so much for the video, your accent is so sweet! I love listening to it. My husband is German, so I'm lucky enough to listen to accents every day!

I really love the technique you used here, and I'd love to see a how-to video on the reverse stamping. I tried to do something similar on a flat piece of rubber before Christmas, but it didn't turn out so well.

Thanks so much for playing along at Lawnscaping!

Heather Innusa said... [Reply]

I love this!!! So fun and creative! I loved that card Kelly Marie made as well - I remember her masking technique - so fun! Great choice!!!

Winter said... [Reply]

Very cute! I just did the same type of stamping on my card on the last Lawnscaping challenge! It's so fun! :)

Amy said... [Reply]

Love it! The sentiment and fish together is perfect!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said... [Reply]

Super cute!

Heather Innusa said... [Reply]

Can I just tell you that I LOVE this card! The mirror image is awesome (thanks for the tip!) I didn't realize before that you even clear enbossed some of the fishies & that is one awesome technique!!!