Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Just Wavin' Hello" Circle Card

Hi!

Today I'm sharing my card that I'll enter into the first Lawnscaping challenge =)
This time it's All About Snow! I don't have any of the winter/christmas-themed lawn Fawn sets, so I came up with this idea using mostly the "Critters in the Sea"-set. Here's my card:


(the colors of this main photo are a bit off, see the closeup to see more accurately how the colors of this card looks irl =)

I stamped and drew out a over and under the water scene, stamped some fishes, a sea-plant, some shells, some bubbles and the seahorse. On the seahorse I drew in a scarf. Over the water I drew in snow. The snowflakes is a small circle from the "Bake Me A Cake" stamp set. I used Liquid Applique to make the snow puff up. The sentiment is also from the "Critters in the Sea"-set. I just stamped one word at a time next to each other, instead of the three words below eachother as the stamp originally is. All of the image was colored with Promarkers and one light blue Copic. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp with =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

- Marie / Legojenta

17 comments:

Laurel said... [Reply]

So cute! I love your take on this challenge Marie! Thanks for playing along in the FIRST Lawnscaping Challenge! It is people like YOU that will make this challenge blog a huge success!

Lynnette said... [Reply]

cute idea. Way to be creative in creating your snowy scene

Heather Innusa said... [Reply]

THIS IS ADORABLE!!!!! Absolutely lovely!!!

Kimberly Anne said... [Reply]

Super cute card! I love the ice on the water! How fun!

Legojenta said... [Reply]

Thanks for all of your kind comments, ladies =)

Mary J said... [Reply]

Such a cool card!!

Kelly said... [Reply]

Very cute. Love the scarf on the seahorse!

Britta Swiderski said... [Reply]

I absolutely love how you added the scarf to the little seahorse. I wouldn't have thought to do that. I'm definitely going to have to try that. Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along. :)

Christiana said... [Reply]

I'm back from Germany and I wanted to stop by and thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog! Your card is really adorable and imaginative. I love it! Thanks so much for playing along in this Lawnscaping Challenge -- I hope you'll continue to play! :o)

Btw, I have a dear friend who lives in Norway!

Legojenta said... [Reply]

Britta - I have added stuff to my stamped images before to make them fit different occasions. I've loved dressing up a doll-stamp I have from HA, and you can see all of the ways I've done that in this set on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48431649@N04/sets/72157624959670425/

Scrapcollectr said... [Reply]

You are sooo creative! This is the most adorable scene..... love it. *smile*

Angie Blom said... [Reply]

this is so cute.. love this set of stamps..

paperella said... [Reply]

Thia is adorable! Love the scene you created, and the snow on the water. So creative!

Karen B. said... [Reply]

Love seeing the non winter LF stamps used for this challenge, I had to be creative as well! Your card is absolutely adorable, and the hand drawn scarf is amazing!

Ruby said... [Reply]

Aw, SO cute, love the way you've used the stamps to build a scene!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said... [Reply]

This is SO clever! Great thinking outside the box! Thanks for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge!

Eve said... [Reply]

this is sooo cute & fun! luv your coloring, and the scene you created!! oh, i took your advice and uploaded another pic.of my lawnscaping challenge creation, which i took from another angle. :-) Thanks for your suggestion! :-)