Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love Fishes Card

Hi everyone!

So, I've been away from crafting for a while, as I've been busy with school as well as being sick. But I did see the new Lawnscaping challenge, and I've been thinking about the card I wanted to make for that since monday. Today I finally got a chance to sit down and craft, and so I made the card I've been thinking about for the challenge. The challenge is "All about love", and I used three Lawn Fawn stampsets to create this love-themed card:


I used the "Critters In The Sea", "Bake Me A Cake" and "Teeny Tiny Backdrops" for this card. I reverse-stamped the little fish from "Critters In the Sea", to create the fish looking to the left (You can see the video-tutorial I did on reverse-stamping here). I stamped the fishes and heart, colored them with Promarkers, added a coat of clear embossingpowder to them, and cut them out. I adhered them onto the white cardstock and added the white onto the blue label cut with Nestabilities Labels One. I stamped the cardbase with the heart-background stamp from "Teeny Tiny Backdrops", and added the label&image with foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

5 comments:

Laurel said... [Reply]

Marie, I was wondering where you were! This is adorable. Love your little fishies. You reverse stamping is so clever! I love the subtle heart background as well! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping again!! :)

Heather Innusa said... [Reply]

Super cutsie! I really like the background too-great idea!!

Jay Gee said... [Reply]

Cute card! I have going to have to try reverse stamping :)

Kary said... [Reply]

Hi Marie, what a cute card! I like the colour combo too. Look forward to see more of your cards. Have a great day!

Christiana said... [Reply]

Aw, this is so sweet! I don't know how I missed it earlier. I love your little fishies in love!