Sunday, February 27, 2011

Second submission for Lawnscapings 4th challenge

Today I finished my second card to submit into the current Lawnscaping challenge:


For this card, I used the Bake Me A Cake set from Lawn Fawn. I've turned the cake-layers from this set into gifts before, and wanted to do that again, only stacking the gifts this time. So I dug out some patterned paper scraps and got to work =) This is what my finished card looks like:





I used the sentiment from the Bake Me A Cake set on this card, but I stamped the words besides each other instead of stacked on top of each other as the stamp comes. I embossed the lines, and drew in the bows using an embossing-pen and black embossingpowder. The exclamation-point is actually from my newest Lawn Fawn set; Plus One (not yet released on the Lawn Fawn site/blog). It fits perfectly for the size of this sentiment. On the next-to-smallest gift, I actually stamped two of the background-stamps from Teeny Tiny Backdrops to create my own patterned paper, using Distress Inks. I was looking for another patterned paper with the pattern being on white, and couldn't find anything, so that's why I decided to make my own =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

10 comments:

Jennifer Rzasa said... [Reply]

Such a cute and fun card- nice job!!

Jay Gee said... [Reply]

Great idea Marie, they make wonderful presents. Super cute card.

Laurel said... [Reply]

Marie, this is fabulous! I love that you turned the cake layers into presents. I love the hand drawn/embossed lines/bows and I love that you created one layer of PP by using the Teeny Tiny Backdrop images! This is great! Very clever.

Lynnette said... [Reply]

Another cute card for this challenge! Thanks again for playing along

~amy~ said... [Reply]

Such a fun card!!!

Chari said... [Reply]

So cute! I love how you changed it from a cake to presents! This set is definitely on my wish list now :) thanks for sharing

Robyn said... [Reply]

Fabulous! I love it!

Ayana Posadas said... [Reply]

Wow... you're a genius. I totally LOVE how you turned the cake layers into gifts. SO creative!

Ruza's Craft Corner said... [Reply]

Wow, your card is pretty awesome. Great job!

Kary said... [Reply]

What a cute card! I love it ;)