Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lawnscaping #6

Hi

Today I'd like to share a card I made to enter into the following challenge over at Lawnscaping:


This challenge sure was challenging! After I had thought of the stamps I wanted to use and the image I wanted to make, I stumbled upon the challenge of choosing the one color for my color splash. I tried out different colors, before landing on the pink I used on this card:



I embossed the envelope with clear embossingpowder, to make it pop even more:


I used two Lawn Fawn sets for this card. I used the next-to-smallest cake layer from "Bake Me A Cake" to stamp out my envelope. I drew in the botton line and the v-shape with a Copic Multiliner. I drew out the computer-screen with the same marker. The image was colored with Promarkers. I had a little 'oops' on the envelope when adding the clear embossingpowder, and so I stamped&cut out a little star from the "Plus One" and stuck it over my little mistake. I rounded the corners on a white piece of cardstock, and added it to a black cardbase. I added the computescreen to the white panel using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today =)
- Marie / Legojenta



9 comments:

Laurel said... [Reply]

Hey Marie! So cute... Love that you used the little star to mask the mistake. I do that all the time. So, did you free hand the tv and buttons? Love the heat embossing. The shine really adds to the card! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping this week! :)

Marie / Legojenta said... [Reply]

Laurel - I used a ruler to make the straight lines of the computer, and freehanded the buttons =)

Ayana Posadas said... [Reply]

Oooh! Super cute, Marie. :)
The little star was a perfect touch... even if it was for a mistake. It looks adorable.

Heather Innusa said... [Reply]

Marie, I always look forward to your cards!!! This is awesome - very creative!

Karen B. said... [Reply]

Such a fun and innovative card, love the clean design to it.

Melissa S said... [Reply]

I love the card! I like the texture's on the paper too!

Nicole said... [Reply]

This is an awesome card! I love how you made the envelope. Very creative.

Jocelyn said... [Reply]

I can't believe you thought of turning the Bake Me a Cake into an envelope--super creative! Your cards are so inspiring!!

Tenia Nelson said... [Reply]

Love this!!!!!!