Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Monster Birthday Card

Hi!


Today I am sharing a card I made with a new stamp set of mine, from Paper Smooches. The set is called Falling For You, and I love the monster and the bat on it =) The card I’m showing today, was made to enter into the following challenges:


Cute Card ThursdayBirthday Card (with an added challenge of making a birthday card for a 3-year old)




Wee Memories Scrappy SaturdaySpring or Green theme (I chose to use green on my card)

I’ll also be entering this card into Paper Smooches' search for a guest designer.




Here’s the card I made:




I used the monster from the stamp set for my main image. I stamped the monster without his hand first, and then I stamped his hand again on an angle, to make him able to hold the gift. To see how the monster’s hand originally is on the stamp, look here. I drew the gift with a Copic Multiliner. I colored the monster, the gift and the background with Promarkers and Copics. I cut the monster and the gift out, and adhered the gift onto the monster. I drew in a line on the background as well with the Copic Multiliner, to make the ground, and added the cutout monster onto the background. I used nestabilities for the circles and scalloped circle. For the polkadotted-star pattern on the white cardstock I used Lawn Fawn’s Teeny Tiny Backdrops. Also, I don’t think it’s visible in the photo, but the green scalloped circle with the image on, was popped up from the black circle behind to add some dimension to the card. The finished card measures 3 1/2” square.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta




10 comments:

CinnamonSally said... [Reply]

This is a really cute card, Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

Laurel said... [Reply]

cute card! Great coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories Marie!!!

Karina Beck said... [Reply]

This is SO cute!! Beautiful work.

Vanja said... [Reply]

Wonderful card! Fabulous image.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
hugs
Vanja

Heather Innusa said... [Reply]

Marie, this is ADORABLE!!! I'm so in love with that little monster - he's so so cute! Perfect coloring & its so clever what you did with his hand! And I LOVE how you drew/colored in the floor. You are so creative it amazes me!

KathyK said... [Reply]

CUTE card!!

Jay Gee said... [Reply]

Love that your monster is holding the gift Marie. Also love the star background - great card.

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said... [Reply]

What a cutie patootie! Thank you for joining us at Wee Memories. :)

Laura O'Donnell said... [Reply]

super cute!

Jocelyn said... [Reply]

Super cute card! I love your coloring! The card is so cute (and I love how it's small)! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog...I always love seeing YOUR creations!