Friday, April 15, 2011

Easter Gift Box With Cute Monster

Hi everyone

Today I want to share a gift box I've made for a friend. I'm going to give it to her for Easter =) Hopefully she doesn't check my blog, so that the surprise isn't ruined!
I am also going to enter this into the The Gift Wrap Challenge over at the Moxie Fab World blog =)

Here's my creation:




I simply made a box out of white cardstock. I put three small cards in the back of some goodies and a set of three small cards, and wrapped it up in clear cellofane. I then put it in the box. Here are the three small cards I put in with the goodies:




To decorate the box itself, I colored some white ribbon with Tumbled Glass distress ink. I adhered a lenght of the ribbon around the box. I also used some of the ribbon to tie the cellofane on top. The über-cute monster stamp is from Paper Smooches, from the set called "Falling For You". I stamped it omitting the monsters hand first. I then stamped the hand twice, making it look like the monster is holding something. I used a stampset from Lawn Fawn called Teeny Tiny Backdrops to stamp the pattern on my monster. I drew out an egg, and stamped the pattern on it using the nut.stamp from the same Paper Smooches stampset. I colored it in and cut it out. I also drew out a bow for the egg, and colored and cut it out as well. I adhered the bow to the egg, and the egg to the monster, so that it looks like he's holding the egg. I added a rhinestone to the center of that bow on the egg as well. I adhered the monster to the box using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

2 comments:

Jay Gee said... [Reply]

This is a gorgeous set Marie! I love the way the monster is holding the Easter egg :)

Cath said... [Reply]

Hey Marie! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Wrap Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)