Saturday, April 16, 2011

Flying Monster Card

Hi everyone!

Today I'll be posting twice, so be sure to check out both blogposts =)
In this post, I'll be showing you a card I made for two different challenges:

Cute Card Thursday - Weather Inspired (I was inspired by the lovely spring weather we're having today =)

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Card for a child

Here's the card I made:



I used the monster stamp from the Paper Smooches stampset called "Falling For You". I stamped him on some old American Crafts patterned paper, without his arm. I then stamped the arm twice on the same patterned paper. I cut out the monster and both arms, and adhered them together. I also stamped&cut out his eyes and horns, on white&green, and paper pieced them on top of my monster.
I then cut out some balloon-shapes from colored cardstock. I used some different Promarkers and distress inks on white or colored cardstock, to make the colors match as closely as possible to the colors from the patterned paper. I added some twine to the back of the balloons. I also tied some twine around the monster's belly. The monster and balloons were adhered to the background using foam adhesive. I then colored&cut out a grassy hill and some tiny trees, and adhered them to the bottom of the blue layer. I cut out some clouds from white cardstock, and adhered them to the blue layer as well.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta



8 comments:

Tenia Nelson said... [Reply]

So so cute!!!!!

Deb said... [Reply]

gorgeous, this is so cute!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge, have a great weekend!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Jennifer Rzasa said... [Reply]

This is adorable! I love the fun colors and the striped monsters!

Trinh said... [Reply]

This is SO cute, Marie! Great job with the background too.

Jane said... [Reply]

So cute! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane x

Hellemor said... [Reply]

Hej Marie

Du har spurgt om hvor store roserne fra Die-namics er når der er rullet. Den mindste roser er ca´ 2 cm i filt og 1½ cm i mønsterpapir. Den mellemst roser er 2,5 cm i filt og ca 1,8 i mønsterpapir. Tak for dine søde ord på Kreative Fornemmelsers blog.


Hvor er det et sjovt børnekort du har lavet.

Hilsen Helle(mor)

Diane Jaquay said... [Reply]

omg, this is super CUTE! Love how you tied the balloon strings around the monster :)

Michele Gross said... [Reply]

EEEk!! How utterly adorable!! I lOVE that the balloons are tied to his waist! I can't NOT giggle when I look at it :D