So, this is my second post today. In my first post of the day, I showed the first card I'm entering into the 7th challenge over at Lawnscaping. In this blogpost, I'll be showing the second card I'll be entering into the same challenge. So, the Lawnscaping challenge #7 is:
I'm also entering this card into the current challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Challenge. That challenge is to use spring colors on your project (or you can choose to make an easter creation).
This is the card I made to enter into these two challenges:
I used some spring-like colors and some lovely flowers to get the dress looking like it's fit for spring =)
I used one of my newer Lawn Fawn stampsets for this card, the "Sew Lovely" set. I first stamped the dress onto some scrap paper. I put a piece of masking paper on top, and traced out the shape of the dressform itself. I then drew on a dress-shape. I cut out the dress shape from the masking paper. I then went on to make my patterned paper for the dress. I used the row of three flowers from the set. I stamped them out in rows onto white cardstock, using black Memento ink. I then colored the flowers using Promarkers. To cut out the dress-shape, I first put the dress I had cut out from the masking paper on top of my patterned paper. I traced around the shape using a pencil. I took the mask off, and went over the pencil-lines with a Copic Multiliner. I like whatever I cut out, that will go on top of or together with a stamped image, to have the look of being a stamp itself with that black outline, so that's why I didn't just cut out the shape after tracing it with my pencil. I also stamped and cut out the top portion of the dressform, the neck and shoulders-part. I colored that in as well using a Promarker. I then adhered the dress to the neck and shoulders-piece.
For the card itself, I cut out a label from a Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight die using white cardstock. I then hand-cut out a slightly larger label from black cardstock, and adhered the two together. I stamped the dressform onto the white layer, being careful not to ink up the part of the bow on the original stamp that sticks out of the dressform. I colored the "feet" in with a Promarker, and adhered my dress and shoulder-piece on top. I drew in some black lines on a square, white cardbase, and then I added my image to the cardbase using foam adhesive. I had a lot of fun creating the spring dress on this card, from stamping and coloring to make my own patterned paper, to drawing out and deciding on the shape for the dress =)
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta