Friday, April 8, 2011

Lawnscaping #7

Hi everyone

Today I'll be sharing a card I made to enter into the current challenge over at Lawnscaping.


This time the challenge is to make your own patterned paper using stamps. For my card, I used all Lawn Fawn stamps, exept for the sentiment, which is a Norwegian sentiment stamp. Here's my card:




I used three different Lawn Fawn stampsets for this card. The robot is made using mostly "Bake Me a Cake". The robot's little star-buttons/bolts are from "Plus One". His hands and feet are made by selectively inking parts of the bubbles-stamp from "Critters In The Sea". I also used a Copic Multiliner to draw in a couple of straight lines. The robot's legs, arms and antennas were made with a candle-stamp from "Bake Me A Cake". The robot was colored with Promarkers. I stamped the Norwegian sentiment (which says Happy Birthday") in black Memento ink. I added a bumpy line above the sentiment, and adhered the robot with his feet on the line. I rounded the top two corners of the white piece with the robot on, and sponged the edges with "Broken China" distress ink.
I used two different star-stamps to make my patterned paper. The larger star is from "Bake Me A Cake" and the smaller star is from "Plus One". I stamped out the larger star in a polkadot-pattern of white cardstock, using "Shabby Shutters" distress ink. I then filled in the pattern with the smaller star, stamping it in "Broken China" distress ink. I adhered this stamped mat onto a black cardbase, and then I adhered the piece with the robot on top using foam adhesive. If the sentiment wasn't as long as it is, I would have made that white piece smaller, and added a black mat behind it. It seems a bit lost against the stamped, patterned paper behind it... Oh well - maybe I'll print out a sentiment, and make that piece with the robot be smaller and with a black mat, but that will have to be at a later time =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I have another card to enter into this challenge as well, so a new blogpost about that will be posted asap =)
- Marie / Legojenta



12 comments:

Sarah said... [Reply]

Aack! This is genius. The way you used the cake set to create something totally different is incredibly clever. And the execution is just as fabulous. Awesome card.

Laurel said... [Reply]

This is adorable! You are the queen of using stamp sets in unconventional ways! I love this.

Luc and Sonia said... [Reply]

FANTASTIC!!

yainea said... [Reply]

Love your card! The robot turnet out great. Thanks for sharing :)

Lynnette said... [Reply]

This is awesome. You have done some amazing things with Bake Me a Cake. SO much fun.

Vicky said... [Reply]

Amazing!!! We had the same idea!!!! WOW ! yours look so cute ! ha ha ha such fun! thanks for linking him :)

Nancy said... [Reply]

wonderfully creative, loving the blue and green star background!

walchowDesign said... [Reply]

Fun card!

Niki Estes said... [Reply]

So cute! I love your little robot!

Chan said... [Reply]

This is SO clever and cute, Marie!! :o) Love how you created a robot with Bake Me a Cake! Awesome!

Karen B. said... [Reply]

The queen of cleverness! Your design s so very cute!

Ruby said... [Reply]

So fun! Love it!