Friday, April 22, 2011

Lawnscaping #8

Hi everyone

So today I'm (finally) going to share with you my entry for the eight Lawnscaping challenge. The challenge is:


(click on the picture to get straight to the challenge)

It sure did take me quite some time to get this done! From the idea forming in my head, through various trial and error, through agreeing with myself that I had found the best solution all the way to finishing the card up, it probably took me about 4 or 5 days. But now it's all done!
So, without further ado, here's my card:




I used my new Critters in the Forest set to stamp the cute racoon. I stamped him twice, and colored one in with warm grey Promarkers. On the other one, I drew out a little outfit for him with stripes, meant to make the racoon resemble a (cartoon-ish) thief =) I also colored his "mask" in with the same cool greys as I did the stripes in his outfit. I cut everything out, and adhered the outfit onto the racoon using white glue. I cut up two little pieces of paper, adhered them together, and then adhered them to the backside of the "mask". I then adhered the mask onto the racoon, putting the glue on the small pieces of paper I had adhered to the mask. I did this to get the mask lifted just a little bit off of the racoon itself, but not as high as it would be had I used foam adhesive. I typed the greeting on my computer, printed it out, and stamped the polariod frame from Say Cheese on top. I cut out the inside&along the outside lines of my polaroid frame. I drew out some hills on a piece of white paper, and colored in the hills using some Shabby Shutters distress ink. The sky was colored in with a blue Copic. The clouds were stamped with a stamp from an October Afternoon stamp set, cut out&adhered to the sky. The sun peeking out from the one cloud, is the little smiley-face stamp from Say Cheese. I saw this post on Ruby's blog, where she had used the smiley face like this to make a sun. Thank you Ruby for showing that!! I stamped the little heart from Bake Me A Cake, colored it, cut it out and adhered it to the racoon. I added a coat of Glossy Accents to it, to give it some shine. Here's a closeup of the shine on the heart:


I adhered the cutout polaroid frame onto the landscape using foam adhesive. I clear-embossed the heart backgroundstamp from Teeny Tiny Backdrops onto a black piece of paper, and adhered that to a white cardbase. I then adhered the whole frame onto the card, tilted to the one side.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta



17 comments:

Kelly said... [Reply]

WOW, what a cute card. So much love and attention to detail on here too. LOVE that sun! I will have to try that too. Such a clever way to use that stamp! Even the black background paper got some "love" hee hee ... just amazing!

Jay Gee said... [Reply]

You always come up with such clever ways to use the Lawn Fawn stamps! Fabulous card Marie :)

Ruby said... [Reply]

An adorable little card! Love the way you've done the sun peeping out behind the clouds, thanks for the link too :)

Donna B. said... [Reply]

Super card. So creative. Love the coloring.

Christiana said... [Reply]

Oh my gosh, I am IN LOVE with this card! I love his little theif outfit! You are so clever, Marie! You always go above and beyond with the challenge. I love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Chari said... [Reply]

Very cute and clever! Great job!

lostinpaper said... [Reply]

What a fabulous card! Love your little red heart on that gorgeous criminal. Thanks for stopping by my blog because that gave me the opportunity to find you... I love your style!

yainea said... [Reply]

Lovely!! Thanks for sharing, It's super cute :)

donna mikasa said... [Reply]

Super cute card! Love the play on words...

Laurel said... [Reply]

This is so stinkin' cute! I love your clever take on this challenge. The pun is adorable. Your coloring is fabulous! Love this. Thanks for joining us again Marie!

Heather Innusa said... [Reply]

Your cards are always so fun, creative & imspiring! This is no exception!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said... [Reply]

This is SOOOOO cute!!!!!!! I love the little raccoon thief! What a great idea and all the little hearts in the background are too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

Niki Estes said... [Reply]

So adorable! I love how you made the stripes into a prison shirt!

Isha said... [Reply]

Congrats for being among the Honorable
mentions....You totally deserve it.

Jocelyn said... [Reply]

Oh my goodness--I am dying over how cute this is!!!! Congrats on the Honorable Mention--this card is fabulous!

Chari M. said... [Reply]

Very clever! Love his stripes :)

Natasha said... [Reply]

Hi Marie, I just wanted to let you know how much I LOVE this concept and design! Love the little thief-shirt, so clever with that sentiment :)
x