Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bee Happy PS Card

This is the second post for today. Please check out my first post of the day below =)

Hi everyone

I wanted to share a card I made with the newest digital stamps from Paper Smooches. Kim had originally drawn out this fun little bee for one of her newly released sets, Chubby Chums, but it didn't make the set. And so I'm soo happy she decided to add it as this month's new, free digital stamp! You can find this wonderful stamp and the sentiment here.

I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:




The Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDCC80 - use this color combination:


I will also be entering this card into Paper Smooches' Guest Designer Search =)


Okay, so on to the card I made:




Again, I used this super fun digital stamp from Paper Smooches. I printed it out several times on white cardstock, and colored in different parts with the red and yellow. I cut everything out, and paper pieced the bee together. I had printed one of the bees with the sentiment below it, and I had kept that for my base. I did make the sentiment a little bit larger than it originally was, and so it came out looking a bit "feathered". Kim from Paper Smooches says on the page for the digital stamps, that she reccomends to keep the digital stamps the original size to keep it at the best quality. So to make it look a bit better, I just went over the sentiment with a black marker. For the bee's wings, I cut the two apart from each other, added some shimmer and curved them seperately. I then colored the wings on the base piece in the same red, and adhered the wings on top. I also added some lines to the image piece with the same colors. The image piece was adhered to the white cardbase using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Please check out my first post from today as well below =)
- Marie / Legojenta

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said... [Reply]

oh lol what a fun CAS card - so cheerful
Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month
Lisa x

Jay Gee said... [Reply]

So cute Marie. Fun image and I love the frame you drew, finishes the card off beautifully.

Liz's creative corner said... [Reply]

Oh this is so cute, lovely image and colours, thanks for showing us your style at paper play, hugs Liz xx

Fiona said... [Reply]

so cute Marie :) love his wings. Thanks for playing along at the Play date Cafe this week!

Linda Beeson said... [Reply]

That little cutie just makes you happy! Fun use of the colors.

Marcea said... [Reply]

Very sweet
Thankyou so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week
-x-

Jinny Newlin said... [Reply]

Absolutely darling, Marie! LOVE the dimension and shine you've given to the wings! So need to run pick up that digi! TFS! And thanks for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said... [Reply]

How adorable is that little bee! I downloaded it too:) Can't wait to use it! Thanks for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

Diane Jaquay said... [Reply]

That bee is SO cute!! Great card!

Julie Ranae said... [Reply]

Really cute card! So glad to have you with us in The Play Date Cafe!

nnalorac said... [Reply]

Super cute fun card, love it. Thanks for joining us this month over on BTC&G. Carolxx

Jessica said... [Reply]

Love that bumblebee!!!! Cute colors and simple clean design :)