Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lawnscaping #9 - Second entry

This is the first of two posts today. Please check out the second post from today above =)

Hi everyone

I wanted to share with you my second entry for the current Lawnscaping challenge which is:

(Please click on the badge to get to the challenge)


And here's the card I made: 



I used the racoon from Lawn Fawn's "Critters in the Forest", the cake layers from "Bake Me A Cake" and the letters from "Jessies ABC's" to spell out my sentiment. The # was handwritten. I chose this sentiment instead of something like Congrats on winning!, because I wanted this card to fit for occasions where the recipient hadn't necessarily won a contest, but had been number one anyways. Someone who had been best in class, for instance =)
I colored in the racoon with Promarkers, and cut him out. For the racoons medal, I hand-drew the ribbon onto red cardstock and cut out. I then embossed a piece of paper with gold embossingpowder and cut it out into that small circle using an office hole-punch. I put a couple of layers of the gold embossingpowder on top of the cutout circle as well, to make it more even and dimensional.The banner that I had cut for the sentiment was backed with a piece of paper that I had embossed with the gold embossingpowder as well.The winners pedestal was created with two sizes of cake-layers.
I adhered two colors of cardstock to the front of a white cardbase using my pink atg. The racoon, the pedestal and the banner were adhered to the card using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Please check out my second blogpost for today as well =)
- Marie / Legojenta

3 comments:

Laurel said... [Reply]

Marie, I love this. I love your sentiment and the medal on the adorable raccoon! Very, very clever! :)

Winter said... [Reply]

Oh how clever! Thanks for joining us in the Lawnscaping Challenge again! :)

Chari M. said... [Reply]

Very clever using the cakes as podiums! And I love the gold metal! :)