Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lawnscaping #9

Hi everyone
Today I'm going to share the card I made for the ninth Lawnscaping challenge. The challenge is:

(Please click on the challenge badge to go to the challenge)

And here's my card:



I used four Lawn Fawn stampsets on my card. The owl is from Critters in the Forest, the 'Happy Birthday' is from Bake Me A Cake, the exclamation-point is from Plus One and for the rosett, I used parts the bow-stamp from Sew Lovely. I used my Memento Tuxedo Black marker (which I'm also giving away one of here) to ink up only the larger side of the bow stamp. I then stamped it three times, in a rosett-type of shape.

I used some scrap AC patterned paper to draw the gift on, using my Memento Tuxedo Black marker. I drew out straight lines for the ribbon on the gift, on some white paper and colored it and the rosett in with a silver Promarker. The owl was colored with Promarkers as well, and his partyhat was hand-drawn and colored in the same way. I added googly-eyes to the owl, and adhered the lower parts of his body to the inside of the gift.
For the banner, I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white paper. I scored and folded the strip twice on each side, with the second score 1/4" away from the first, and cut v-shapes into the ends. I drew along the lines of the banner with my Memento Tuxedo Black marker, to make it blend better with the stamped image.
I adhered some blue patterned paper (by TPC Studios, I believe) to a square cardbase, and added some drawn lines to frame the image. I then adhered the gift&owl pieces using foam adhesive, and the banner using adhesive only on the very ends of the banner.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I have another card for this challenge in mind, so stay tuned!
- Marie / Legojenta


14 comments:

Isha said... [Reply]

Super cute card Marie. I also submitted my card but without Lawnfawn.

Jay Gee said... [Reply]

Such a great fun card Marie. You are very creative and I enjoy visiting your blog to see all the different ways you use the stamps :)

yainea said... [Reply]

Great as always! I love all the details :)

Jocelyn said... [Reply]

Sooo cute! I love the owl with the big eyes and the 3D effect for the banner looks awesome! You make such awesome and creative cards!!

**Farrah** said... [Reply]

Fantastic card!! So fun and well put together!

Laurel said... [Reply]

Oh now this is so clever! One of my favorite cards from you Marie! So clever. The owl coming out of the box! I love your banner as well. What dimensions did you place your score lines? This is adorable Marie! Thanks for joining us again!!! :)

Niki Estes said... [Reply]

This is so cute! I love the little owl popping out of the present!

Lynnette said... [Reply]

This is super cute. I just love how you put together the different stamp sets

Kelly said... [Reply]

darling. Clever idea & love the banner and the google eyes!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said... [Reply]

Oh my goodness!! This is SO cute! I love the owl and your sweet little present! How adorable! Thanks for playing along with us over at Lawnscaping!

Angie said... [Reply]

Great card! I love the colors used.

jestar said... [Reply]

So adorable! What a great idea! :)

Winter said... [Reply]

Very cute! Thanks for joining us in the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

Chari M. said... [Reply]

So cute! Love love love the google eyes on the Owl, and the dimension on the card is fabulous as well! Cute idea having the owl pop out of the present. Great card! One of my favs.