Wednesday, June 1, 2011

get well soon card

Hi again!


Second post today... Be sure to check out the first one as well =)


I wanted to show this card I made using one of my new Lawn Fawn sets. I had an idea pop into my head, and just HAD to make a card with it asap! I usually sketch up any ideas for cards that fall into my head, and store them in a binder for later use, but I was so excited about this idea that I wanted to make a card with it right away =)

I'll be entering this card into the following challenges:
Stamp Something - Something Sentimental (use a sentiment)
Lily Pad - Inspiration Challenge #2 (I got inspired to use fun, bright colors from Vicky's card here)

 Here's the card I made:





My big idea was to use tissue paper instead of the drawn tissue that this stamp really has. The stamp is from Lawn Fawn's "On the mend". I embossed&paper-pieced the tissue-box, cut off the tissue the stamp had stamped, and cut a slit for my own tissue. I then cruched up some tissue, and tucked it into the box through the slit. I first tried using white tissue paper (the kind you would use to wrap gifts with), but I didn't like how it turned out. So I switched over to tissues (the kind you would wipe your nose with), and I got far better results. The sentiment is from the same stamp set as the tissue-box. I just added three dots to each side of the sentiment myself. I really love how the card turned out, but in hindsight I see that I should probably have made the tissue not so long/high, to be able to place the image and sentiment more towards the center of the white panel. But other then that, I'm quite happy with this card =) I used more bright colors on this card then I normally do, but I really like it. Must try to go for brighter colors like this more often!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

14 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said... [Reply]

This is fabulous.

Kathy (krolski) said... [Reply]

This is so adorable! Love it! :)

Jenny said... [Reply]

Just a brilliant idea, I may have to try this when I get the stamps :)
Jenny x

Vicky said... [Reply]

This brings a smile in my face! Love it! Such a cute card and I like the real tissue there! So creative! Thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards

Jay Gee said... [Reply]

So fun Marie and looks great with the real tissue paper :)

Lin said... [Reply]

What a fun card, and such a pretty tissue box, sure to make someone smile! So glad you were inspired to play with us at Lily Pad Cards!

Denise said... [Reply]

This is SO cute - the tissue is so clever! I also saw your entries for guest designer over at Paper Smooches - super job, Marie! HUGS!!

SmilynStef said... [Reply]

Stinkin' cute ... this would make anyone feel better.

Jennifer Rzasa said... [Reply]

This is so simple and so cute....I love it!

Nancy said... [Reply]

This card is just so wonderful and so clever! That Lawn Fawn set is too cute and I love what you did with the tissue box. So happy you added this to the Inspiration Challenge at Lily Pad Cards.

Jocelyn said... [Reply]

Marie, this card is soooo super cute! I love how you used real tissues for it! The simplicity of the card is perfect. :)

Christiana said... [Reply]

This is so cute, Marie! I love it. And that DeLovely paper really makes the perfect tissue box!

Chari M. said... [Reply]

The tissue coming out of the box is brilliant, you know everyone is going to be doing that to the little lawn fawn tissue box from now on! :) And the patterned paper makes for a lovely tissue box too.

Laurel said... [Reply]

Lookie, Lookie! Great minds think a like. We had the same idea for the tissue box! Yours is so stinkin' cute. Love that paper pieced tissue box too!