Tuesday, June 7, 2011

happy summer! card

Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share that I made to enter into the current Lawnscaping challenge:


(please click on the badge to go directly to the challenge)

Here's my card:



I used two Lawn Fawn stampsets on this card. I used "Cruising Through Life" and "Jessie's ABC's". I stamped only the basket from the bicycle-stamp (from "Cruising Through Life") without the bicycle itself. I paper-pieced my image using kraft cardstock for the basket and white cardstock for the pinwheels. I colored all the pieces using Promarkers. I cut a slit in the basket, and slipped the "sticks" for the pinwheels through. I also shaped the tips of the pinwheels to give them more dimension. I drew in some lines to ground the basket as well, using my black Memento marker. I stamped the sentiment using "Jessie's ABC's". The image-piece was adhered to the green cardbase using foam adhesive. I used a white pen to add some white stiching to the cardbase as well. I finished the card off with some rhinestones in the pinwheel's centers and on the cardbase =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

11 comments:

Laurel said... [Reply]

This is awesome. A perfect example of cas. Love your coloring. Your layout. Love it all!!!!

Kelly said... [Reply]

clever way to use the basket! very cute. Love the colors and the "stitching"!

Isha said... [Reply]

Lovely card Marie. Love those pin wheels and the colors are just amazing.

yainea said... [Reply]

Beautiful and clever! I love your creations :)

Chari M. said... [Reply]

Super cute card, I wish I had this set just for the pinwheels! It's on my list. I really like that you gave them dimension and a rhinestone center. I love your style, simple and cute. Thank you for the nice comments you leave on Flickr, sorry it has taken me awhile to get to your blog and do the same. :)

Donna B. said... [Reply]

So cute. Very creative and original. You are great at thinking outside of the box. Nice design!!

Christiana said... [Reply]

Marie, this is so fun and creative! Love it! Thanks so much for playing with us again at Lawnscaping! I always love your cards!

lostinpaper said... [Reply]

Such a cute card, love that bit of bling!

Jess said... [Reply]

Very cute! I am loving your blog!

Ayana Posadas said... [Reply]

GORGEOUS! Very clean and precise. I love how you added the rhinestones!
I'm so glad you joined us at the Lawnscaping challenge. :)

Jenny said... [Reply]

So sweet, love how you placed them into the basket :)
Jenny x