Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My new storage solutions

Hi everyone


So, I've been somewhat reorganizing my craft space lately. I have actually been following up on some ideas for storage I've had for quite some time, and I have finally made some storage-pieces for my craft space =)
The first thing I tackled was my storage for Promarkers and Copics. Before, I had them all lying next to and on top of eachother on a shelf. But it was bugging me that they would all roll and mess with my system, whenever I took one away from the shelf to use it. So, I went to IKEA and bought a cd-holder, and then I got crafty! I shared the process of how I made my new Promarker/Copic shelf in a video:





(You can click the YouTube logo in the bottom right corner of the video to see it on YouTube =)


The next two things I tackled were my ribbon storage and a new shelf for my inkpads. Before, I had my ribbon spools on dowels inside a container, as well as having my larger ribbon spools just lying around. So I made some boxes where the ribbon spools fit, and where I can easily take them out and put them on my desk for measuring, cutting, color-matching etc. I'm finding this new way of storing my ribbons so much better for me =)
I also decided to make a shelf for my larger inkpads. Before, I had them all stacked on top of eachother, but I found it annoying that the stack would fall over or get disorganized when I pulled out an inkpad to use it. So I decided to make a shelf to get things more organized =) I made a video about these two new storage-pieces as well:





(You can click the YouTube logo in the bottom right corner of the video to see it on YouTube =)




The last thing I made was a new storage-container for all of my most-used tools, pens, scissors etc. Before, I had them all jammed into two old jars, and I found it difficult to find what I was looking for in between everything jammed in there. So I decided to make a tabletop-container with many rooms, where it would be easy for me to categorize items, to make it easy to find what I was looking for. I also decided to make it be able to spin, for even easier access =) I showed how I made the tabletop-container be able to spin in this video:




(You can click the YouTube logo in the bottom right corner of the video to see it on YouTube =)

I'm really happy with how these pieces turned out. They make it so much more organized in my craft space, and that makes me one happy crafter! I'm also happy that I was able to make the ribbon organizers, the inkpad-shelf and the tabletop-container for tools, using just cardboard (recycled from frozen-pizza boxes), paper, glue and a recycled turning-mechanisme from an old lazy susan tray. Making these things myself made it easy for me to make everything be just as I wanted them, and keeping the costs waay down as well =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

3 comments:

yainea said... [Reply]

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing this with us. Nice craft space (and I love your candy machine! haha)

Donna B. said... [Reply]

Very nice ideas. I'm also reorganizing my craft space this summer. Thanks for all the inspiration!!

Rita said... [Reply]

I love that box you made for storing your embossing buddy bag, thats awesome! Do you have a tutorial or a link to how to nake one? I would love to make one for mine. Thank you for any help you can give me. I came across your blog on SCS forum.