Monday, June 13, 2011

You Rock Card

Hi everyone!

Today I'd like to share with you a card I made with two of my new Paper Smooches stamp sets, the Chubby Chums and the Sentiment Sampler, as well as my older set, Falling for You. I had such a fun time making this little scene, and figuring out what pieces to add and such =) So, here's the finished card:




I used the owl from Chubby Chums, the 'you rock' sentiment from the Sentiment Sampler, and the little apple from Falling for You. I stamped the owl and the apple twice, colored them in, and cut out. On the second owl I cut out only the bottom two layers of scalloped feathers, curved them, and adhered them on top of the complete owl. I cut out the little leaf on the apple and did the same thing to that.
The books, pointer, clock and blackboard were all hand-drawn, colored, and cut out as well. I embossed the sentiment onto the blackboard, using white embossingpowder. I added some Glossy Accents to the whole apple to make it shiny, as well as to the black of the owl's eyes, to make them more vivid. I added some lines to make it look like a room, with a floor and a wall.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

20 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said... [Reply]

Soooo cute!

Jenny said... [Reply]

Fab card Marie, your an amazing artist to draw those books too:)
Jenny x

Pia said... [Reply]

Hvor er det sødt Marie, Sikke søde stempler og fine farver.

CraftyDee said... [Reply]

Omg this is SO cute! I love how you put the scene together, and it rocks that you drew a lot of the items yourself!

Jess said... [Reply]

The blackboard is colored to perfection! So lifelike. Very cute card — TFS!

Natasha said... [Reply]

Hey Marie, WOW this card is so cool! Love the hand-drawn books, and the owl reminds me of Jack Black in 'School of Rock' :)
Great card x

Jay Gee said... [Reply]

Such an adorable card Marie and the hand drawn pieces look amazing - very cute scene :)

Britta Swiderski said... [Reply]

Holy cow, Marie! This is amazingly awesome. Your coloring is phenomenal, and I LOVE your hand-drawn elements. The chalkboard is perfect, too. You rock!

Donna B. said... [Reply]

Super cute!! You are so creative and such a good artist!! Love this card!

yainea said... [Reply]

I really love this!!! The coloring is perfect! You could make a tutorial... :P
You rock!

lostinpaper said... [Reply]

Super CUTE!! Love the scene you created and such perfect colouring! (I just recieved my PS order and am Loving them too!)

Denise said... [Reply]

WOW! I'm so impressed that you DREW the main scene... awesome! The coloring is perfect... love the glossy accents... love the WHOLE thing!!

Isha said... [Reply]

Superb card Marie. Love your hand drawn scene and those small details.

Jennie M said... [Reply]

This is AMAZING! This is such a cute little scene, and your drawing is wonderful!

Niki Estes said... [Reply]

Oh my goodness, this is so adorable, Marie!! I love that cute little scene you created!

Disp6194 said... [Reply]

Wow Girls this amazing! Hand-drawn ?! Shut the front door :)

Emily Leiphart said... [Reply]

Marie, this is absolutely adorable! I love the school scene you drew. Wow, love it!!

Jennifer Spuehler said... [Reply]

This is amazing!! So glad to see this creativity...hand-drawing combined with stamping is genius! TFS!!

Christiana said... [Reply]

Oh my gosh, Marie, YOU ROCK! You should give this card to yourself. This is seriously the coolest card I've seen in a while. I cannot believe how much of those things in your scene that you drew by hand! You are a wonderful artist. Wow, wow, wow. Amazing.

Lauren said... [Reply]

This card is completely awesome! I think the sentiment of You Rock is totally talking to you!