Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Card

Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share with you, that I'll be entering into a challenge. Can you guess which challenge? If you said Paper Smooches' July SPARKS Challenge, then you're right! I am absolutely loving this challenge at the moment, and I am loving my new Paper Smooches stamps as well. So, here's the challenge badge (again):


I have used four colors from the top right corner of Cool Shades 5 (June), which you can find here.

Here's the card I made today:


Stamps by Paper Smooches

This bird (a pelicane, I think?) is one of my top favorites from "Surf and Turf". In fact, he was the reason why I had to have it =) It took me quite some time to use him for the first time, but I'm so happy with how it turned out! The little gift is from "Santa Paws", and it fits perfectly in his beak. I stamped, colored and paper-pieced him and the gift, and adhered them down to the white square layer. The sentiment is from "Sentiment Sampler", and I just stamped it directly onto the white piece. The scalloped square was diecut with a nestabilities die, and adhered to the cardbase with foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

17 comments:

Heather I. said... [Reply]

This is SO cute Marie!!! I love it!

Kathy Nakata said... [Reply]

I love your card Marie! The pelican is so cute! He has lots of room to pack away goodies in that mouth/beak of his! LOL!

Jenny said... [Reply]

How sweet, love how he's holding the gift :)
Jenny x

Donna Bowman said... [Reply]

Very cute and creative! Love the present in the beak!!

Jennie M said... [Reply]

This is SO cute! I love the idea of putting a gift in his beak! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jocelyn said... [Reply]

So cute, Marie! The present coming out of the pelican's beak is super cute and creative!

Christiana said... [Reply]

Marie, This is so adorable! Love it!

~Tammy~ said... [Reply]

Marie, Love the gift coming out of his mouth! Adorable!!!

Siri said... [Reply]

Hei! :)

Lurer på om du er norsk, ettersom du kaller deg Legojenta? :)
Du lager så fantastiske kort! :D

*Alison* said... [Reply]

Oh this is so cute and fun.. I love how you put the present in it's mouth.. :) hehe.. so fun! HUGS

Marie / Legojenta said... [Reply]

@Siri - Ja, jeg er norsk

Siri said... [Reply]

Var det jeg trodde :)
Når du bestiller Lawn Fawn-stempler, bestiller du fra ebay eller fra Lawn Fawn-nettsiden?

Tusen takk for svar :)

Marie / Legojenta said... [Reply]

@Siri - Send meg en email (link i høyre kolonne), så kan vi snakke om det der.

Christiana said... [Reply]

By the way, can I ask what nail polish you were wearing in your last video? Your nails looked fabulous!

Marie / Legojenta said... [Reply]

@Christiana - I was only wearing nail strenghtener polish on my nails in my last video. I use Depend Powerflex on my nails, which makes them nice and strong =)

Emily Leiphart said... [Reply]

Congrats on your win, Marie! This card is so cute, I will have to case it when I get those two sets. ;)

Wendy ten Hove said... [Reply]

Wauw!! Love this one!! It's so much fun how you put that gift ther! Love it! We just got back from a vacation in California and saw so many of these!! My boyfriend is crazy about this bird and this image would be perfect for a bday card for him!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!! Love it!!
Hugs, Wendy