Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Christmouse Card

Hi everyone

Today I'll be sharing a card I made to enter into these challenges:
Paper Smooches - July SPARKS! Challenge


Moxie Fab WorldStamp It! Cards Week Challenge

I used a sketch from Paper Smooches Designer Drafts 4, to build this card. I did modify it a little bit, but no major changes. I've pointed to the sketch I used on this picture (sorry it's so small): 


Here's the card I made: 


The dotted pattern on the present was made with the dots on the cheek of the dog-stamp from the same stampset:


I used "Santa Paws" from Paper Smooches on this card. I stamped, colored and cut out the mouse and present, and diecut a banner shape using a Papertrey Ink die. I stamped the sentiment, and masked over it before stamping the mouse's tail overtop. I then adhered the mouse down, and added some black enamel accents to it's nose. The banner was adhered to a kraft panel, and I rounded the top corners. I used a white gelpen to add some dots to the one corner.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

7 comments:

KathyNakata said... [Reply]

This is adorable Marie! Love the little mouse. I like how you use little parts of stamps into your images. So clever!

Isha said... [Reply]

Gorgeous card. Very creative use of stamps:)

Jenny said... [Reply]

Sweet card Marie, love how you've decorated the parcel :)
Jenny x

Cheryl said... [Reply]

Super cute! I love your design.


Thank you for posting my blog candy in your side bar. Good luck in the draw!

Jennie M said... [Reply]

Absolutely adorable!! Such a cute card!

Heather I. said... [Reply]

So cute Marie!!!!!! I love it! You always come up with a new & fun way to use your stamps!!!

Alison said... [Reply]

So cute.. I love how you made the tail wrap around the sentiment.. and such a great idea to use the spots from the dog.. :) good luck with the Spark Challenge :) HUGS