Saturday, July 23, 2011

Skydiving Bunny Card

Hi everyone

I'm not sure if you've heard about this, but we experienced two horrible situations here in Norway yesterday. Living in the city where the bomb detonated feels quite surreal to me. We are all shocked, and these events have influenced us in a big way during these two days. There has been near continious news on our national tv-channel from yesterday afternoon, and we have watched the numbers of deceased people get bigger and bigger.
My sympathies goes out to everyone here in Norway that has been personally affected by these horrible situations, and also to those who may have found these events to be especially frightening.


Today, I needed a little break from watching the sad news on tv, and so I got to working on a card. I'm not sure if I really like how it turned out, but I couldn't see anything in the end that would make it better. I guess maybe my mind was not completely focused on the card. This card was made for the current Lawnscaping challenge:


Here's the card I made:




I used the little bunny from Lawn Fawn's "Critters in the 'Burbs" and the airplane and swirl from "Bon Voyage". The sentiment was stamped using "Jessie's ABC's". I made the parachutes by tracing around spellbinders circle nestabilities with my Memento marker, and adding in curved lines for the pattern on the parachute. The sentiment was diecut with the "Double-Ended Banners" die from Papertrey Ink.

I've just added a poll above the blogpost here on my blog. If you could please leave your answer to my question there, I would appreciate that.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

13 comments:

Laurel said... [Reply]

Marie, I had not heard about the bombs in Norway. I am so sorry. How scary this time must be for you all. My heart goes out to everyone....

I think your card is adorable. I love the hand made parachutes. How creative to use half of a Nestability to create it..... I am always blown away by your creativity, Marie! This one is no exception. I have yet to purchase Bon Voyage and now I see I really need to!

KathyNakata said... [Reply]

Oh my Marie! This is too cute! That bunny with the parachute is adorable! I think you did a great job on your card. But I know what you mean about you feel like you aren't quite satisfied. I do that a lot with my cards. Nobody else sees it, but ourselves! And yes, the incidents in Norway are horrible. I was shocked when I saw the news. These types of things have happened over here in the U.S., but not in Norway. And all those young people killed at the retreat on the island. They had some pictures in the Seattle Times today (I live in the Seattle area) and it was shocking. Over here, after 9/11, it's never been the same. It really changed a lot of things since then. You adjust, but it's sad.

Anonymous said... [Reply]

I'm sorry to hear about the terrible news in your country! We followed it on TV yesterday, we cannot believe this is happening so near by (The Netherlands). I can imagine how you must feel.
About the card: I really like it!
Take care!
Anne-Marie
http://anne-mariej.blogspot.com

Cathy P in AZ said... [Reply]

LOVE this card, Marie! You and I are on the same creative wave length - something cute, comething witty, something FUN. This is clever and SO DARN CUTE!!!

lostinpaper said... [Reply]

Love the simplicity of your card! Your colouring is perfect and your bunny is adorable!
So sad to hear about the tragedy in Norway, my thoughts are with you all.

yainea said... [Reply]

I've been on vacation this weekend without internet conection but when I saw those terrible news on the tv I thought of you... I'm glad you are ok. That must be terrible, I'm very sad for those people and their families...
I love your card, is super cute, the idea is very original :)

Christiana said... [Reply]

Marie, I was so sorry to hear about the sad and tragic news in Norway. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Your card is super adorable. Love that parachuting bunny. Once again, your creativity astounds me. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Emily Leiphart said... [Reply]

Marie, I was so shocked and saddened by the terrible news in Norway! My heart goes out to you and your country.

Now on to something more cheery. I love how you use whimsical stamps and I really need to get more Lawn Fawn. Your adventurous bunny is so cute!

Lynnette said... [Reply]

The tragedy in your country is so terrible. We've been keeping up with the news and praying for the families who lost someone. Glad you were able to get an escape and make an adorable card. This is such a clever idea, just lots of fun

CraftyDee said... [Reply]

Hi Marie, I also saw on the news what happened and it's just too horrific for words. I can't imagine how scary it must feel when a bomb went off in the city you live in.

Your card is lovely, the bunny with the parachute is just too cute!

Message Keeper said... [Reply]

Love your idea!

Ruby said... [Reply]

Such a cute little card, love it!

Kelly said... [Reply]

Saw your card on the Lawn Fawn blog. COngrats on the feature! Such a darling card!