Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Special Ghost Card

Hi everyone!

This is my second post today.
Please scroll down or click
here to see the first one =)

In this post, I'll be showing you a fun card I did with the "Sugar Rush" stampset. The first time I inked up the popsicle-stamp, I noticed that the shape looked a lot like something other than a popsicle as well...

I'll be entering this card into Paper Smooches' current July SPARKS Challenge


I based this card upon a sketch from Designer Drafts 1, which you can find here


Here's my card:


Stamps by Paper Smooches

I used the top of the popsicle stamp to create a fun little ghost. I added a wavy line on the bottom with my Memento marker. The eyes and the bigger "loop" for the pink bow are from "Surf and Turf"


The smaller "loop" for the pink bow is from "Sugar Rush". I drew in eyelashes for the ghost's eyes with my marker.


I had originally thought to make the ghost a real, halloween-time ghost, but I didn't have a Paper Smooches sentiment for halloween. Call me crazy, but when I use Paper Smooches images, I prefer to use Paper Smooches sentiments as well =) I was looking at my "Sentiment Sampler", saw the "you're special" sentiment, and decided to make a cute, female ghost that loves to look pretty more then she loves beeing spooky =) Talk about a special little ghost, right?
This card is smaller then a standard cardsize, it is only 4 by 2 3/4 inches. Oh, and I could, of course, have used only one of the drop-images for the bow, but I like the quirky look of the two slightly different sized loops for the bow =)


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

9 comments:

Jocelyn said... [Reply]

Your card is hilarious! I love it! The ghost is too cute, and you are so clever how you used parts of the stamps to make her. I really like how she is off-set, too. Great card, Marie!

KathyN said... [Reply]

Oh my! Marie, that ghost is just too cute! You amaze me all the time! That Sugar Rush set is so fun - I have it and am working on a card now where I used it with a couple of the other sets of Kim's. And I totally understand about the Halloween sentiment and not having a Paper Smooches one! I'm sure Kim might have a Halloween set coming up, let's hope so! LOL! Not sure you knew, but Kim was designing for Cornish Heritage Farms. I don't have all of her sets from when she designed for them, but I don't recall her doing a Happy Halloween set!

Jenny said... [Reply]

Super cute ghost... the sort I'd like to meet if I had to see one. You're on a roll with these sparks cards now. Love seeing your creations :)
Jenny x

yainea said... [Reply]

Awwww this little ghost is super cute!! You're a master creating new stamps, It's amazing! A really adorable card, thanks for sharing :)

Christiana said... [Reply]

Oh my goodness, what a sassy, sweet little ghost! Love her!

Heather I. said... [Reply]

You blow me away! Your fabulous way of combining sets & using stamps to create something completely different, unique and beautiful just honestly BLOWS ME AWAY!!! WOW. So amazed right now!

Heather I. said... [Reply]

Also, how do you ink the pieces of the images? With a marker? or do you ink the image & wipe away the portion you dont want to use? I must know ;)

*Alison* said... [Reply]

WOW.. this is stunning... I love the colors you used.. and the whole design of your creation.. I just adore this idea.. how cute is that ghost.. :) so fun.. hugs

joeygirl86 said... [Reply]

Aww super cute!