Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Huge Thanks Card

Hi everyone


It's been quite a while since I last posted here on my blog. In the first part of this post I will be showing a new card, and in the second part I'm sharing some exciting news =)


The card I'm showing today was made to enter into the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - No Designer Paper
Simon Says Stamp challenge - All White with a colored image


Here's my card:




Stamps by Paper Smooches

I used all Paper Smooches stamps for this card. The whale and fishes are from "Surf and Turf" and the greeting was stamped using letters from "Alphadot". I colored the whale and fishes in with Copic markers, cut them out, and adhered them above the sentiment I had stamped in the white panel. I left two of the fishes going out of the side of the panel, to add some more interest. I rounded the corners of the panel, and adhered it to a white cardbase using foam adhesive.




Now onto som happy news!


First of all, I'm happy to say that Britta and I have been working hard on preparations for starting challenges over at the Young Crafters Unite blog! We have been able to gather up a fabulous Design Team, and we have decided to start our first challenge on August 23rd =) We will have a new challenge on the 23rd of every month, so that means participants have good time to get their entries in. We have been able to get an awesome sponsor as well, which is Simon Says Stamp! We are so excited to be sponsored by such an amazing online store, with their huge selection of stamping, cardmaking and scrapbooking supplies! Please check out their store here, it's totally worth the visit =)
I hope to see you sometime soon on the YCU blog!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

7 comments:

Tenia Nelson said... [Reply]

So so cute!!! tfs!!

Danielle Daws said... [Reply]

That's fabulous news about the YCU Challenge blog! I can't wait to see who your DT is. :-) Love your card too. As always! :-)

Jocelyn Olson said... [Reply]

So cute, Marie! I love your coloring. Yeah on the sponsorship. And, a big woo hoo for your 2nd place with Paper Smooches SPARKS!

Karen B. said... [Reply]

Great concept and execution on this card, Can't wait for another Young Crafters Unite update!

KathyN said... [Reply]

I love your card Marie! Love the whale and fishies! I ended up buying this set along with the 3 new ones that came out for August! Looking forward to hearing more about the YCU challenge.

Isha said... [Reply]

Great card Marie. Love your creations. Cant wait for the YCB challenges:)

Mandy said... [Reply]

Gorgeous card Marie, the image is so cute and I love how the bright colours look really striking against the white.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our WOW challenge
hugs Mandy xx