Friday, August 19, 2011

Lawnscaping #16

Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share, that I made to enter into the current Lawnscaping challenge:



I must say this was quite challenging! I hardly never ever do one layer cards =) But I'm happy with how it turned out in the end. Here are pictures of the card:



I had an idea to make the stork, from Lawn Fawn's "Plus One", carry two bags, for a mom or family expecting twins. I had to slightly change the placing of the original bag to make the image look more balanced (at least to my eyes).
I made a reverse mask by cutting masking paper with a Spellbinders Nestabilities die, and placing it over my cardfront. I then stamped my image, colored it in, and masked it off. I used a handcut cloud-mask, and sponged the blue background using Hero Arts' "Soft Pool" ink. I used sentiments from the same stampset to stamp my greeting. I simply used an 's' from a sentiment on the stampset to make 'bundle' say 'bundles' instead.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

6 comments:

Laurel said... [Reply]

Wow Marie. I love this. First off, I love the painted background look! Fabulous. And your stork with the two bags is Brilliant! This is one of my favorites! Thanks for paying along with us!!!!!!!

KathyNakata said... [Reply]

I LOVE your card! So clever with the 2 bags! LOL! And I love the masking off you did on the background.

Danielle said... [Reply]

Love your card! I never make one layer cards either - yours turned out just perfect!

laurafadora said... [Reply]

love, love, love your card!!! that masking is AWESOME!!!

Barb said... [Reply]

another great card Marie! your coloring is perfect!

Christiana said... [Reply]

This is adorable, Marie! I love how you even masked off the clouds. Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping!