Monday, August 22, 2011

Red apple card + new video

Hi everyone


Today I'll be sharing a card I made to enter into the following challenges:

CAS-ual Fridays - Embossing (I did heat embossing)



Here's my card:


Stamps by Paper Smooches
The apple is covered in clear embossingpowder so it's really shiny. I'm sorry it doesn't show up well in these photographs!


I used three stampsets from Paper Smooches on this card. The apple is from "Falling for You", the smiley face is from "Sugar Rush" and the greeting is from "Sentiment Sampler". The apple stamp I used looks like this:


I inked it up without the inner portion, and added the smiley face inside. I also excluded the line in the leaf when stamping. I colored the apple with Copics, and cut it out. I added a couple of layers of clear embossingpowder to the apple (not on the stalk and leaf). I then stamped the greeting on white cardstock, and added three little dots. I adhered the apple next to the greeting, and then I adhered the white panel to the cardbase using foam adhesive.

I also wanted to let you know that I've added anpother video to my YouTube channel. It's about how I clean my stamps and Stamp-a-ma-jig sheet, and I also show how I store my masks. Please check it out here.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

6 comments:

paperella said... [Reply]

So cute! This card would make a perfect teacher note :)

Kathy Nakata said... [Reply]

I love your apple card! And thanks for your video. I agree, I don't like many of those cleaners, they leave that greasy stuff on it. The only time I do use a cleaner is if I use a more permanent ink like Ranger's Archival Jet Black ink. After I use the cleaner though, I always clean it again with water to get the grease off. Creates more work!

Karina Beck said... [Reply]

Superfint kort!

Emily Leiphart said... [Reply]

This is so cute, Marie! I love the clean and simple design.

Laura Davis said... [Reply]

Awwwww this is such a precious card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Julie Day said... [Reply]

Awww this is adorable! Love the red, kraft and white color combo :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!