Monday, August 22, 2011

Smiling Christmas Ornaments

Hi everyone

Today I wanted to share a card I made to enter into the August SPARKS challenge over at the Paper Smooches' blog. To go check out the challenge, please click the graphic below:


The challenge is to make a project using this beautiful photo as the inspiration

 

I took inspiration from the colors and the rhinestone bling in the photo. Here's my card:


Stamps by Paper Smooches
I used the large smiley face from Paper Smooches' "Sugar Rush" to stamp on the ornaments. I colored two pieces of white cardstock with Copics to match the blue and pink colors in the photo.
I then made templates for, and cut out two of the ornaments. The last one was cut with a circle punch. I cut out some toppers for the ornaments, and added rhinestones. To make the card even more sparkling, I added some clear stickles around the edge of each ornament. I'm sorry that I couldn't really capture that sparkle in my photographs of the card!
I added embroidery floss to the backs of the ornaments, and attached them to a brown cardlayer using foam adhesive. The ends of the strings were attached to the back of the brown layer, which was then adhered onto a brown cardbase with a white layer.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

8 comments:

Isha said... [Reply]

Lovely card Marie.

yainea said... [Reply]

Your cards are allways so clever! Sweet card, a great take on the challenge :)

Karen B. said... [Reply]

Super cute and creative!

KathyN said... [Reply]

This is adorable! I love those smiley ornaments!

Emily Leiphart said... [Reply]

This is adorable and so original. I love it, Marie!

Annette said... [Reply]

So cute...love those smiley faces on the ornaments..

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said... [Reply]

Vilken härlig "take on" ("tolkning" låter ju så trist...)Paper Smooches bilden. Dina kulor är ju helt UNDERBARA!
Tror starkt på dig som GD snart - du har så himla skön stil med Kims stämplar!
Kul också att du läser till lärare! Bästa, men jobbigaste jobbet man kan välja! Jag kom just tillbaka (på 100%) efter 3 års mamma-ledighet och det har nog varit dom jobbigaste jobb-veckorna på 15 år som lärare!
Ha en skön helg!

Levana Sunandar said... [Reply]

this is simply cute.. you are really good in making simple but awesome card...