Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Young Crafters Unite - Challenge #1

Hi everyone

Today is the day! We are launching our very first challenge over at the YCU blog =) I find it so exciting! Our first challenge for you is:



For this challenge, I made a happy birthday card with a Norwegian sentiment. I colored in my image using my new Copics. I just switched to Copics a little while ago, and I absolutely love those fabulous markers! Here's my card for the challenge:




Do you see that little design in the background? I tried using a background stamp to cover that area first, but it got waay to bold for behind the image. Instead, I took my Memento black marker and added tiny dots all over. I then went back with my Copics and colored on top of some of the dots. I'm very happy with how it turned out =) The sentiment, by the way, is in Norwegian, and says 'congratulations!'.

Now, I'f you haven't checked out our first challenge over at the YCU blog, please use this link to get there:

We have moved the blog to this adresss, without the .wordpress ending we used to have. Please bookmark this new adress for the YCU blog to be sure you visit the right blog in the future =)


We have an awesome design team on the YCU blog. Please go check out their fabulous creations for this challenge as well!




And lastly, my fellow co-creator of the Young Crafters Unite! blog

Britta Swiderski - http://brittaswiderski.com

Before you go, I wanted to let you know that we have an amazing sponsor for our challenge! Simon Says Stamp is sponsoring us with a $25 gift certificate to their fabulous online store! Thank you so much, Simon Says Stamp =)
If you haven't seen it yet, you should really check out their store. They have a huge selection of cardmaking, stamping and scrapbooking supplies! Just click on their graphic below to go to their store =)


Photobucket



Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I hope you'll be able to join us for this first challenge over at the YCU blog =)
- Marie / Legojenta

Supplies:
Bazzill Cardstock
Lawn Fawn Stamps: "Bake Me A Cake", "Say Cheese" and "Jessie's ABC's"
Memento "Tuxedo Black" Inkpad and Dual marker
Copics: Y06, YG 01&03, YR 15&07, BG 01&02, N 0, 0 (blender)
Die from Papertrey Ink: "Double-Ended Banners"
Foam adhesive and "Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue"

7 comments:

Isha said... [Reply]

Lovely card Marie...I sure am going to play...love coloring.

Jennifer Rzasa said... [Reply]

I love the dotted background you made! This card is so fun and cute :)

Chari M. said... [Reply]

Welcome to the world of copics...they are amazing! I really like your hand drawn background, it compliments your little cake perfectly.

Jess said... [Reply]

I'm loving the pop of the confetti on the background. What a fun touch!

...:::Paulina:::... said... [Reply]

Such a fun card, Marie! Love the colors of the cake, and your hand drawn dots were perfect as a background!

So excited to be on the YCU DT with you!! :)

~Tammy~ said... [Reply]

Bright and Happy colors!

Britta Swiderski said... [Reply]

Marie, I loooove how you used a Norwegian sentiment! Slowly, I'm learning all sorts of random words from you. Haha. I really particularly enjoy the dots in the background and how you gave them extra flair with the copics. That's such a great look! I'll have to try that soon. :) Congratulations to you and me both on our first challenge together on the YCU blog! I'm excited to be sharing this experience with you. :)