Saturday, September 3, 2011

Random post today...

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share a couple of things I've been up to lately and other random stuff today. Yes, I know it's been a while since I posted a card here on my blog. I haven't had much motivation to make cards lately, but I think hope I'll get a couple done tomorrow. Anyways, here are some updates on me:

- I just started school again this past week. I'm studying to be a teacher, and this year I'm specializing in teaching Norwegian for elementary school students. I have school two days a week, so that leaves time for a part-time job as well as time to relax and to craft. That schedule seems to suit me well right now =)

- I just started working today. I've got a part-time job at a scrapbook/craft outlet kind-of store, which just opened in my town. If you live in Oslo, Norway like me, I hope you'll come check out the store! In the store we have lots and lots of brads and embellishments, chalk inkpads, patterned papers, Prima flowers, as well as many other things. I still haven't gotten a chance to look at everything in the store, but I've already started gathering things up that I want to buy for myself. That's the thing about working in a scrapbooking store, there's always something I see when working that is calling my name =)

- I've recently started using Pinterest, and I must say that I love it! It's such a great place to keep pictures for inspiration, as well as links to and pictures of tutorials, that I'm sure I'll love to use in my crafting =) You can check out my boards on Pinterest here.

- I am signed up for the first Lawnscaping blog hop, that will take place on September 9th. The theme for the hop is celebrate the holidays, and I'm planning on using some of my new Lawn Fawn sets for my project. I have an idea for the card in my head, that I hope will translate well onto paper =)

- We have already gotten 32 entries for our first challenge over at the YCU blog! I'm so happy that so many has wanted to join in on the fun =) If you haven't checked out our first YCU challenge yet, I hope you will do so soon. The prize for one lucky winner will be a $25 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp!

- Last random thing I wanted to tell you about, is that I've just (today) started using the new Inlinkz Link Manager. That means I will be posting thumbnail links of all the supplies I use for future projects here on my blog. I hope that will make it easy for you to see and find the supplies I've used for each card I post on my blog in the future =)

I think that's it for this blogpost. Thank you so much for reading through that whole long list of my random stuff!
- Marie / Legojenta

3 comments:

Barb said... [Reply]

no mojo...sigh. i'm going to enjoy mine while it's around, because i know it will come around again eventually. i think it's a good thing though. it kind of kicks me out of any creative rut i might be in ;) you're so talented and sooo creative that i know you'll mojoful before long :) inlinkz seems really cool, but i can't find anything that says what the cost will be after the free trial period. have you? i'm part of the lawnscaping blog hop too! can't wait to play! have a great day!

yainea said... [Reply]

Congrats on all the new changes in your life, I'm very happy for you :) You will be tempted everyday in that store, lol! I'm seeing forward to your next creations :)

Kathy Nakata said... [Reply]

Thanks for your post. That is great that your part-time job is at a scrapbook/craft store! That's perfect! I think balancing out the school, part-time job and off time for stamping is great. So you got some of the new Lawn Fawn sets too?! I got my order earlier this week and got the Halloween set, snowman set, Pa-Rum-Pa-Pum-Pum (toys), a set from the last release that I had my eye on - Admit One with the ferris wheel, etc. and I bought the cute lady fox sitting next to her coffee cup/hot chocolate cup! I did a card that I posted on my blog this week using Cozy Christmas (last year's holiday set) and I used the rocking horse from the new toys set from Lawn Fawn. http://www.kathynakata.typepad.com/ Thanks again for your random post, love reading these types of posts!