Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Retro Ties Card

Hi everyone!

Today I have another card to share with you, for the current Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge. This is the inspiration photo for the challenge:

(Please click on the photo to go directly to the challenge)

For this card, I took inspiration from the twine and clothes pins in the inspiration photo, and created this card:



Stamps by Paper Smooches
I drew out three ties, and stamped the little smiley face inside. I colored them in, and cut them out. I also drew, colored and cut out six small rectangles to make the clothes pins. I adhered one rectangle on the front of each tie, and one directly behind it. I then adhered a piece of twine in between the two rectangles, to make the rectangles look more like clothespins that are actually holding up the ties. I stamped a piece of brown cardstock with a double circle stamp, using versamark, to make a background. I then adhered the twine, wrapping it around the edges, and ties onto the brown piece. I adhered the brown piece to the cardbase, rounded the corners, and stamped the sentiment.

Today's Norwegian word: Slips - Tie

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta



2 comments:

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said... [Reply]

Underbara slipsar!

Jenny said... [Reply]

Totally cool, love those smiley ties :)
Jenny x