Thursday, September 15, 2011

Smiling Playing Cards

Hi everyone

Today I'm sharing a card I made to enter into the following challenges:


Here's the card I made:



For this card, I took inspiration from the song "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers. I made the small playing cards in photoshop elements, printed them out on white cardstock and rounded the corners. I stamped the smiley faces on seperate rectangular pieces of white cardstock, and adhered them to the middle of the playing cards. I diecut the banner, stamped the sentiment on top, and drew a line with a black marker. I adhered the playing cards to a black cardbase with foam adhesive.I slightly curved the ends of the banner shape, and adhered it with foam adhesive in the middle and liquid glue towards the ends, on top of the playing cards.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

16 comments:

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said... [Reply]

What a fun card! Such a great idea. So cute!

Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp! Happy Stamptember!

-Liz

Jenny said... [Reply]

Just brilliant Marie and the perfect sentiment too :)
Jenny x

KathyN said... [Reply]

This card is so adorable and clever!! You did a great job!

thriftyfinn said... [Reply]

Found your blog via Simon Says Stamp

I love this card! I've checked out 68 cards before yours and I think this is the first one which is clearly inspired by a song. I will be bookmarking this in my Inspiration Bookmarks.

Deb said... [Reply]

Fabulous card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Have a great day, happy crafting, Debxx

Barb said... [Reply]

love this marie! there's a card challenge at moxie fab blog...you could enter this over there too! just a thought :)

Gabby said... [Reply]

Cute design based on your song choice! :)

JJ Bolton {Ribbon Girls} said... [Reply]

Adorable card! You can't help but smile when you look at it!

Deirdre said... [Reply]

Fun, fun, fun - Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

Robin said... [Reply]

super cute cards... he he!
Robin

Mandy said... [Reply]

Fabulous card Marie, I love how you've added the smiles :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our be inspired by a song / film title challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Nona said... [Reply]

Such a cute and creative card, Marie! Love how you made the playing cards :) TFS!

nicoleqmullen said... [Reply]

This is just superb, I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Annette said... [Reply]

very cute...love it..

Lisa Watson said... [Reply]

ohhhh, this is soooooo cute!!!

Cath said... [Reply]

Hey Marie! Thanks for linking this up to the Card Play Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)