Monday, September 26, 2011

Stitched Popsicles Card

Hi everyone!

Today I'll be sharing a card and a video tutorial with you. I'll be entering this into the current Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge, which is to take inspiration from this picture:

(Please click on the picture to go directly to the challenge post)

I will also be entering this card into the Paper Smooches SPARKS Design Team call.

My card for today features a stitched image, based upon a stamp from Paper Smooches. I have actually had the idea for doing this in my head for a couple of weeks, but never got around to making a stitched card like this before now. I took pictures during the process of stitching, and made a video showing how I did it. I'll post the video below these pictures of my finished card:


Stamps by Paper Smooches

I took inspiration from the colors in the picture, and used pink, green and kraft on my project. I also added white in as another neutral. After stitching my popsicles, I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of cardstock, and cut v-shaped ends with my scissors, and adhered it on top of the stitched popsicles. I added the image piece onto a mat cut from pink cardstock, and adhered that onto a kraft cardbase.

Here's the video tutorial:



Today's Norwegian word: Ispinne - Popsicle

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta



4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said... [Reply]

Super cuteness!!!

Jenny said... [Reply]

What an inspired idea Marie, they look so cute stitched :)
jenny x

Danielle Daws said... [Reply]

Wow! I love the stitching!

KathyNakata said... [Reply]

This is adorable! I love the stitching!