Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Window Birthday Card

Hi everyone!

Today I have a card to share with you, that I made for my sisters birthday yesterday. I will also be entering this into the current challenge over at Hero Arts' blog =)

Here's the card I made:




I used one of my favorite Hero Arts stamp sets on this card. It has four doll images on it, and I love accessorizing them for different occasions =) I drew out a present for her to hold, and colored in her dress and present to match the patterned paper. I hardly never use patterned paper on a card like this, but I'm quite happy with how it turned out =) The sentiment is in Norwegian, and it quotes the first line of the Norwegian birthday song.

Today I'm starting a fun little thing here on my blog. My plan is to share a new Norwegian word or phrase with you every now and then. I hope you'll have fun learning some totally random Norwegian words with me =)
Today's Norwegian phrase: Gratulerer med dagen - Happy Birthday

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta



4 comments:

Heather I. said... [Reply]

What a pretty card! I always love it when you draw something into your cards :) very creative!

Yainea said... [Reply]

It turned out really cute! The patterned paper looks great in the card :)

KathyN said... [Reply]

I love your card! I bet your sister appreciated it.

Britta Swiderski said... [Reply]

Ohh! I love your random Norwegian lesson. :) I really enjoy seeing you use sentiments that I wouldn't usually see over in the US. It reminds me that this truly is an international hobby and that we all have so much to teach one another. Adorable card as well! The paper works perfectly. Thanks for sharing!