Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lawnscaping #19

Hi everyone!

In this post, I'll be sharing a card I made to enter into the current Lawnscaping challenge. The challenge is:

(Please click on the graphic to go directly to the challenge)

This card was actually one that I almost tossed in the trash. I didn't like the way it turned out the first time, so I added some things to it and altered it a bit, and my second attempt was at least a little bit better. I'm not too happy about it, but it's okay. I don't have time to make another card, as I have a lot of work and school things going on right now. So I'm going to go with this card even though I don't like it so much myself. Here's the card:



I didn't add a sentiment, as I couldn't see what might work for the card, theme-wise. But after editing the photos of it, I realize that this could be a anniversary card for an older couple, probably. Oh well!
Anyways, I did some reverse stamping with the hedgehog stamp, colored and cut them out. I colored the one hedghog a bit lighter than the other, to make them slightly different from eachother. I did some dry embossing on the little details of the frame, making them slightly raised from the rest of the frame, but it's not so visible in the photo unfortunantely. The frame, the hedgehogs and the little punched heart was adhered with foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta


7 comments:

Laurel said... [Reply]

Marie, I think this is fabulous! You always are such a master with the reverse stamping technique! I love the cute hedgies inside the frame and the subtle woodgrain background is fantastic! I love it.

melania deasy said... [Reply]

This card so adorable....the reverse stamping is amazing!!!The heart make it more cute. Thank u for playing at Lawnscaping Marie :)

Lynnette said... [Reply]

Another clever submission! You always come up with such unique and fun cards. I agree with Laurel that you are a master of reverse stamping. I've not tried it yet and am a little scared of it. Your card is so adorable

Heather Innusa said... [Reply]

EEP! This one is also adorable!!! I was toying with mirror images this weekend too - a trick you taught me ;). I also LOVE the woodgrain frame - classic!

Chari M. said... [Reply]

Love, Love the woodgrain frame!!!!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said... [Reply]

How sweet is this!

Ruby said... [Reply]

Aw this is SO cute!!! Love it!!