Monday, October 3, 2011

Welcome Baby Carrot Card

Hi everyone!

Today I'll be sharing a card using both regular stamping, reverse stamping and using a stamp in a unique way. This card is for the current Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge. I'm so on a roll for this challenge =) This is the inspiration picture for the challenge:

(Please click on the picture to go directly to the challenge)

I took inspiration from the theme "baby" from the picture. Here's my card:

Stamps by Paper Smooches

I reverse-stamped the large carrot from Vegtastic to make the two larger carrots. To make the small carrot, I stamped only the outline of a stamp from Sugar Rush:


I drew in the little horizontal lines myself after stamping the smiley face, to make them fit better. I hand-drew the leaf for the little carrot as well.The little smiley face, by the way, is from Sunny Side Up:


I stamped the sentiment using Alphadot, lining up the letters on a block and then stamping them onto a strip of paper. In hindsight, I wish I had stamped the letters one by one, because I think I could have gotten them closer together by doing that. Oh well, I'll just have to remember that for next time!

Today's Norwegian word: Gulrot - Carrot

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta


4 comments:

Jenny said... [Reply]

The cutest little carrot, what a sweet family bunch !
Jenny :)

Katie Gehring said... [Reply]

You are so clever to have made a baby carrot from candy corn! Just awesome! Fabulous card!

jmdmoo said... [Reply]

So clever! What a happy family!

Wendy ten Hove said... [Reply]

Wauw!! This one is sooo cool as well!! How did you do that reverse stamping? That looks amazing!!!
Hugs, Wendy