Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanks Bunches Card

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing a mini card I made to enter into the following challenges:


Here's the card I made. Sorry for the bad photo!

Stamps by Paper Smooches

I stamped the owl, and hand-drew the branch for her to sit on. I colored it in with Copics, and embossed the sentiment using white embossingpowder. The dark blue background was sponged on with two colors of distress inks. I made a mistake with the owl's eyes, and had to fix it by covering and embossing the eyes with white embossingpowder, and adding the pupils with a black gelpen afterwards. That's why the eyes may look a bit "off" =) I also pulled out my white gelpen and did some faux stiching lines, to frame the image. To make the owl look more female, I added a tiny twine bow to her head.
I added the image to the cardbase, using foam adhesive, on an angle, thinking that it would be fun for it to look like the chubby owl was weighing one side down =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta


5 comments:

Anastasia (Νατάσα) said... [Reply]

This is so cute! I love the detail of the twine-bow, makes it so much cute and girlie!

Jenny said... [Reply]

Really cute Marie, love the jaunty angle of the image and her cute bow :)
Jenny x

Mynnette said... [Reply]

This is stinkin' cute!!! LOVE your owl--and the bow is a fab touch. LOVE the faux stitched frame, too! :)

Laurel said... [Reply]

Cute, CUte, Cute! Love the faux stitching and the twine bow! So glad you joined us at Lawnscaping!

Cathy Fong said... [Reply]

eeeekk!!! so owly cute!!! the bow is super cute ~ too
ur card is simply making me smile .thanks for joining us at wee memories. hope to see your creation for our next challenge :)