Friday, December 30, 2011

Sending Hugs Card

Hi everyone!

Today I'll be sharing a card I made to enter into a challenge Lawn Fawn is having on their blog right now. They are asking for cards that fit into three seperate categories, to put in their catalog and to have in the CHA booth. I thought it sounded like a fun challenge, and there's a great prize to be won as well! Check out the challenge on the Lawn Fawn blog here

The card I'm showing in this post, is for the category "Any Critters sets and/or Hats Off to You". I used "Critters in the 'Burbs" for my card, and stamped a custom sentiment with "Jessie's ABC's". All of the supplies I used on this card are listed below =) Anyways, here is my card:



For this card, I stamped the cat image twice at an angle, so that it kind of looks like the cats are hugging eachother. I colored them in with Copic Sketch markers, and stamped a custom sentiment underneath them. I diecut the image with a nestabilities die, and cut off the top and bottom on the diecut piece to make a different shape. I matted the image piece on some turquiose cardstock, and adhered it to a kraft cardbase with foam adhesive. I love how well my idea of the hugging cats worked out, and I'm so happy with the color scheme I ended up with on this card as well =)

I'm working on another card for this challenge too, so that will probably be up here on my blog within a couple of days =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta


2 comments:

Berenice R. said... [Reply]

Such a precious card! Thanks for sharing :)

Nina said... [Reply]

I love the color scheme on this card too, Marie! Happy New Year!