Thursday, December 1, 2011

SPARKS Challenge: December 1st - December 14th

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing my DT card for the new SPARKS challenge! Here's the inspirational photo for this challenge:
(please click on the photo to go directly to the challenge =)

Here's the card I made inspired by the photo:


Stamps by Paper Smooches

I took inspiration from the white frames with blue inside on the blue backdrop in the inspiration photo, and the yellow color of the flowers as well. I traced the inner and outer lines of a spellbinders die onto white cardstock, and cut them out with scissors and an x-acto knife. I diecut a piece of blue cardstock with the same die to stamp my image on. I stamped the bird on yellow paper several times, and pieced it together. I drew in a black line with a marker, and stamped the sentiment and the bird's legs onto it. I adhered the paper-pieced bird on top, and added a sun (stamped with the inner circle from the egg in "Wake up") and some clouds, stamped onto yellow patterned paper and vellum, in the top right corner. For the cardbase, I used a shade darker of blue, and embossed a dot pattern (HA stamp) with clear embossingpowder. I adhered the white frame onto the blue image piece, and adhered that whole piece to the cardbase using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Be sure to check out this new challenge over at the SPARKS blog =)
- Marie / Legojenta


4 comments:

Isha said... [Reply]

Lovely card Marie. I like what you did with the inspiration photo.

Jenny said... [Reply]

Cute card Marie, thanks for the inspiration :)
Jenny x

Savannah O'Gwynn said... [Reply]

What a beautiful card--LOVE that large frame with the scene inside:)

*Alison* said... [Reply]

I love how you were inspired by the photo..love your bits of yellow.. :) hugs