Thursday, January 12, 2012

SPARKS Challenge: January 12th - January 25th

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing my DT card for the current SPARKS challenge. Here's the inspiration photo for this challenge:
I
I
Here's the card I made:
I

Stamps by Paper Smooches

I took inspiration from the fabulous red and white polkadot on the inspiration photo, along with the green details and white color. I stamped the monster onto green patterned paper and white cardstock (for the eyes and tooth), and paper pieced him together. I also added a little bit of shading to the paper pieced monster with a grey Copic marker. I diecut a banner shape, stamped the sentiment on it, and colored in the hearts. I also stamped parts of the sentiment again, colored in one heart from it, and cut it out. I then adhered that heart to the monster.
For the red polkadot layer, I punched and adhered white circles to a red base. I rounded the corners of the panel, and adhered my banner and monster onto it using foam adhesive. The panel was adhered to a white cardbase using more foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Be sure to check out this new challenge over at the SPARKS blog =)
- Marie / Legojenta


7 comments:

Isha said... [Reply]

Such a cute card Marie. Love it:) TFS

Savannah O'Gwynn said... [Reply]

OHHHH! I LOVE that polka dot paper and the green monster! SOOOOOO cute! I was going to make a "sick" monster with polka dots (like chicken pox or mumps)....but I didn't know how to do it! Now I'm inspired:) LOVE!

Stephanie said... [Reply]

love this interpretation! a beautiful card and the white/red polka dots really make it POP! you have some great cards on here, I will definitely be stopping back for inspiration! :)

Emily Keaton said... [Reply]

Your card is a darling take on the pretty inspiration photo. I can't wait to try my hand at it!

Vicky Hayes said... [Reply]

This is a gorgeous card Marie! Lovely to see a valentine that isn't too gooey too!

Maria Matter said... [Reply]

too cute!
polka dots make everything more fun!
:)

Emily Leiphart said... [Reply]

This is adorable, Marie, and a perfect interpretation of the photo!