Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dalmatian Congratulations Card

Hi everyone

Today I'm sharing a card I made to enter into the following challenges:








Here's the card I made:


Stamps by Paper Smooches
For this card, I took inspiration from the movie "101 Dalmatians". I stamped the dog from the "Chubby Chums" Paper Smooches stamps set for my card. The dog has one spot on his right ear, but I added more with my black Memento marker. I then shaded the image slightly using warm grey Copic markers, colored the tongue red, and added a shadow under the dog with a neutral grey Copic marker. I matted the image onto black cardstock, stamped my sentiment on a white strip, and matted that onto black cardstock as well. For the aqua piece of paper, I ran it through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder. I adhered the embossed piece flat onto my white cardbase using my pink atg. I then colored some tiny white pearls red, and adhered them onto the sentiment strip. Both the image and the sentiment panels was adhered with foam adhesive onto the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta



12 comments:

Mieke said... [Reply]

Cute dog :-) Beautiful card!

Katina said... [Reply]

Fab card Marie and a great take on the sketch. Love the image and original design. Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck!
x

Chrissie said... [Reply]

He is quite a sweetie!
What a cute card.
Thanks so much for joining us. DO come back again next time.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said... [Reply]

Terrific card Marie
A cool
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Mandi said... [Reply]

Sorry a cool DOG
I knew it was a dog...sorry
mandi
LIM

Michele Gross said... [Reply]

Very cute card! That little pup makes a darling dalmation :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Rica said... [Reply]

A fabulous card Marie, the wonderful
LIM design and such wonderful details and such fan the Paper Smooches image.

Thanks so much for joining us with the Simon Says Stamp challenge
love
Heather xx

Mandy said... [Reply]

Gorgeous card Marie, the image is so cute :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Jenny said... [Reply]

That little pup looks cute as a Dalmatian .... fab card :0)
Jenny x

Sientje said... [Reply]

Such a funny card with this funny dog. I like him. He makes me smile.

Aileen said... [Reply]

So cute. Brill image. x

Laura Davis said... [Reply]

Super cute!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura