Thursday, February 9, 2012

SPARKS Challenge: February 9th - February 22nd

Hi everyone

Today I'm sharing my DT card for the current SPARKS challenge. Here's the inspiration photo for this challenge:
I
I
Here's the card I made:
I

 Stamps by Paper Smooches

I took inspiration from the peach/pink color of the heart, the pinked edge and the grey background in the inspration photo. I also liked the simplicity of only the heart on the background and nothing else, and decided not to add a sentiment to my card.
I sponged some pink distress ink onto white cardstock, cut it into a heart. I then used the same color of ink to stamp different hearts from several different Paper Smooched stampsets. I adherd the heart onto white cardstock, and cut around the heart shape with some old pinking scissors. Looking at the card now, I wish i would have done a better job with cutting around the heart with the pinking scissors. It doesn't look as good as I want it to. I guess I should have taken apart the heart and white layer, and tried again to get a better looking pinked heart. Oh well, lesson learned =) Also, looking at it now in the picture, I feel like the heart pattern in the cutout heart has some blank spots I would have liked to fill in. For the cardbase, I cut it out of grey cardstock. I then went over the cardstock with grey distress ink on a sponge, to make it look a little more textured. I then adhered the heart piece onto the cardbase using foam adhesive.

Update!
As I was looking at the picture of this card on my blog, I felt more and more unhappy with it. I decided to fix and redo what I didn't like about the card, and post a picture of the improved version. Read above to see exactly what I was unhappy with =) Here is the improved version, with new stamped heart and better cut white mat:




Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Be sure to check out this new challenge over at the SPARKS blog =)
- Marie / Legojenta


2 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said... [Reply]

What a fabulous idea--LOOOOOOOOVE all those little hearts inside the bigger heart! FUN! LOVE that gray background!

Jackie Rockwell said... [Reply]

Great CAS card! I'm loving the bright white pinking sheer edge on the heart!