Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lucky Clover Card


Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share, that I made to enter into the current challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog. The challenge is to use green in honour of St. Patrick's Day.

Here's my card



I had been thinking about making a lucky four leaf clover out of heart stamps for a while, and finally found the perfect project to put my idea into action with this card. I also saw today that Kelly Marie had done the same thing with a Lawn Fawn heart, and used that on a tag that she made and posted on the Lawn Fawn blog. It's so fun that we both saw that possibility for the heart shape =)

For my card, I used a heart stamp and a sentiment from Paper Smooches. I stamped the heart four times, drew a stem for the clover with my Memento marker, and stamped the sentiment too. I colored in the clover with some green Copic markers. I diecut a scalloped shape twice out of thin cardboard, and once out of white cardstock. I then colored the white cardstock piece to match the green clover. I adhered all three pieces of the scalloped shape together to make a faux chipboard piece, and went over the cut lines with the green Copic marker to cover up the raw chipboard edges. I adhered the faux chipboard onto a small black cardbase, and adhered the image piece on top using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta



4 comments:

Mephisto said... [Reply]

Wonderful card.
Thanks for joining us at SimonSaysStamp this week.

Domi

Elsea Designs said... [Reply]

Great card and fab idea with the hearts.

I have awarded you with a Leibster award

Love and hugs Lorraine :o) xx
http://elseadesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Elsea Designs said... [Reply]

I forgot to say earlier, Love your blog xx

Heather Innusa said... [Reply]

This is too cute!!!! Super fun idea!