Monday, March 26, 2012

Make A Wish Birthday Card + A Tag

Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share, that I made to enter into the current Lawnscaping Challenge


I took inspiration from the layout of this card by Kasia Curry. I was also inspired by something Kelly Marie said in the introduction video for the Critters Ever After stampset. She mentioned that the 'make a wish' sentiment in that set would be great for birthday cards too =)

I'm also entering this card into the current Cute Card Thursday challenge, which has an everything goes theme.

Here's the card I made:



I stamped the greeting from Critters Ever After, the cake and the candle from Bake Me A Cake onto white cardstock. I then masked off the outsides of the cake, and stamped the star cluster from Critters Ever After onto the cake. I colored it in using Copic markers. The cardbase is 4 1/4" by 3 1/4 when folded. I cut a strip of patterned paper and adhered it to the cardbase. I then adhered the image on top using foam adhesive.

EDIT

I totally forgot to share this little tag that I also made for the Lawnscaping challenge! Silly me =) The tag was inspired by this card by Jessica Witty.


I stamped the image and sentiment onto some white bazzill cardstock, and colored in the airplane with yellow Copic markers. I then drew in the dotted line with a pen. I cut off the two top corners, and punched a hole. I then threaded throught some cute pink May Arts ribbon I had in my stash.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

- Marie / Legojenta
Supplies used for Birthday Card Supplies used for Paper Airplane Tag

4 comments:

Laurel said... [Reply]

Marie, what a bright, FUN card! Love it!!!!

Christiana said... [Reply]

I love both your card and your tag! So fun and bright and cheery! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Emily Leiphart said... [Reply]

Love both your card and tag, Marie! That tiny cake on the card is so cute and I love how you stamped the paper airplane off the edge on the tag.

Tamara said... [Reply]

Love your card and tag very much. Love the CAS look. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :-)